cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Flow to Move On-Prem SQL Record into SharePoint List

Hi, I am fairly new to Power Automate and I have an MS Flow that has been working for months, but recently, I have been receiving the following error, "Action Failed. An action failed. No dependent actions succeeded." It is causing my flow to appear as it has completely failed, but the true records in the condition do get created in SharePoint.  I believe this is due to the fact that the Primary Key already exist in the Azure SharePoint list, so it failed to create a new record.

I am trying to add a condition to first check if it already exists, if so, then do nothing, if it does not exist and meets the other condition, then add record into SharePoint. Not sure if I should use Scope instead, or add this additional check in upfront?

Could anyone please review my flow setup and make sure that I am building it with best practices in mind and help me enhance my flow?

Capture.JPG

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Re: Flow to Move On-Prem SQL Record into SharePoint List

Hi @NicholasRLeon ,

you need to check if the record in SQL server is exists in the sharepoint list with a Filter Array function as the link below:

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Building-Flows/Check-if-an-item-exists-in-a-SharePoint-list/td-p...

The screenshot of the flow as below:

1.png

length(body('Filter_array'))

Best Regards,

Alice

Community Support Team _ Alice Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Re: Flow to Move On-Prem SQL Record into SharePoint List

Hi @NicholasRLeon ,

you need to check if the record in SQL server is exists in the sharepoint list with a Filter Array function as the link below:

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Building-Flows/Check-if-an-item-exists-in-a-SharePoint-list/td-p...

The screenshot of the flow as below:

1.png

length(body('Filter_array'))

Best Regards,

Alice

Community Support Team _ Alice Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

Power Platform ISV Studio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is designed to become the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage published applications.

Tech Marathon

Maratón de Soluciones de Negocio Microsoft

Una semana de contenido con +100 sesiones educativas, consultorios, +10 workshops Premium, Hackaton, EXPO, Networking Hall y mucho más!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (9,065)