cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Regular Visitor

Flow to add Email Attachment to Sharepoint List Item

Hi,

So im trying to create a flow that looks at incoming emails generated by powerapps that contains a peninput.jpg (Signature) i want the flow to look at the attachment and add it onto a sharepoint list item after identifiying the item by the Signature Column.

The subject of the email is the name of the user who is signing the form and this is the same as the name of the field i am trying to differentiate by.

I can add the attachment in to a record by ID but not by the Signature field. As soon as I add a condition to the flow I.E Subject - Equal to - Signature or Signature - Equal to - Subject flow throws up an error.

Unable to process template language expressions for action 'Condition_2' at line '1' and column '2555': 'The template language function 'contains' expects two parameters : the collection of items to search within and the object to find within the collection. The function was invoked with '1' parameter(s). Please see https://aka.ms/logicexpressions#contains for usage details.'.

If you need screenshots of my current flow please let me know, thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi @Szaman ,

I think you should change the File Content to 'Attachments content', shown as below:

9.PNG

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _ Zhongys

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

Hi @Szaman ,

Could you please share a screenshot of your flow's configuration?

What’s the column type of the Signature Column in your list?

I have made a test on my side, please take a try with the following workaround:

Here the 'Signature' Column in my list is a text column.

5.png6.png

Best Regards,

Zhongys

Hi @v-zhos-msft ,

It seems we are 90% of the way there now.

Comparing with your test one it seems i had When a new email arrives (Webhook) and also additionally i had Get Email.

The flow now runs successfully however it does not add the correct attachment.

In my Add Attachment i have:

Site Address - xxxx.sharepoint.com/sites/xxxxx

List Name - Equipment Loan Form

ID - ID

File Name - peninput.jpg OR Name

File Content - Current item

When i have either it doesn't include the actual attachemnt.

Having "Name" adds a sort of xml of the Add Attachment Code.

Having peninput.jpg creates an attachment called peninput.jpg but this is not a real attachment.

Thanks

Hi @Szaman ,

I think you should change the File Content to 'Attachments content', shown as below:

9.PNG

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _ Zhongys

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

Hi @v-zhos-msft 

That's perfect it worked, i did not notice the see more option and it wouldn't allow me to search for those Dynamic Values.

Much appreciate your help on this.

Helpful resources

Announcements
PP Bootcamp Carousel

Global Power Platform Bootcamp

Dive into the Power Platform stack with hands-on sessions and labs, virtually delivered to you by experts and community leaders.

secondImage

Power Platform Community Conference On Demand

Watch Nick Doelman's session from the 2020 Power Platform Community Conference on demand!

MPA Community Blog

Power Automate Community Blog

Check out the community blog page where you can find valuable learning material from community and product team members!

Top Solution Authors
Users online (5,558)