cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Brice235i
Skilled Sharer
Skilled Sharer

Flow to automatically refresh Excel file synced to SharePoint list

Hi, we use Spotfire for Business Intelligence.  Unfortunately there is no native Spotfire connector to SharePoint so we have to export the List to excel.  Spotfire can then interrogate the excel file.  Problem is, someone needs to continually go in an manually refresh the excel file.  Wondering if there is a way to have Flow automate this...  Auto update the excel file everyday with refreshed SharePoint data.

Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
v-litu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Brice235i,

You can create a recurrence trigger to perform the refresh the Flow everyday.

For example, I set the recurrence runs once everyday. Get all items of the SharePoint list, then get all rows of the excel file.

Firstly, use the Apply to each action to empty all the old rows of the excel file, then use the other Apply to each action to add the items of SharePoint list into the Excel file.

Annotation 2019-11-06 144031.png

Annotation 2019-11-06 144046.png

Annotation 2019-11-06 144057.png

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Lin Tu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
v-litu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Brice235i,

You can create a recurrence trigger to perform the refresh the Flow everyday.

For example, I set the recurrence runs once everyday. Get all items of the SharePoint list, then get all rows of the excel file.

Firstly, use the Apply to each action to empty all the old rows of the excel file, then use the other Apply to each action to add the items of SharePoint list into the Excel file.

Annotation 2019-11-06 144031.png

Annotation 2019-11-06 144046.png

Annotation 2019-11-06 144057.png

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Lin Tu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

Thank you very much Lin Tu.

Hi Lin Tu, actually when I try to get the table, I'm getting an error "Could not retrieve values. BadGateway".  Wondering if you've seen this before, thanks.Capture.PNG

Helpful resources

Announcements
MPA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

MBAS on Demand

Microsoft Business Applications Summit sessions

On-demand access to all the great content presented by the product teams and community members! #MSBizAppsSummit #CommunityRocks

MBAS Attendee Badge

Claim Your Badge & Digital Swag!

Check out how to claim yours today!

secondImage

Are Your Ready?

Test your skills now with the Cloud Skill Challenge.

Top Solution Authors
Users online (55,098)