cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
AdamHunt
Frequent Visitor

Flow to consume webapi

I need to consume a webapi, I can consume the endpoint via postman with no issues.

I'm building this flow for a power virtual assistant.

Appreciate the body is hardcoded for now.

AdamHunt_0-1614965551713.png

I have to use a get and submit my data in the body, but I get the following error

The provided 'Http' action inputs are not valid. A request body must not be included for 'GET' requests.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

luckily we own the webapi so will move this to a post...  Originally we were trying to consume a traditional wsdl based service running in IBM domino but we couldnt get a custom connector to work with it so we set up a webapi in front of this. Thank you to everyone for comments

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
ChristianAbata
Super User II
Super User II

@AdamHunt its becuse GET Methot don't allow Body Values, please try with POST

Did I answer your question? Please consider to Mark
my post as a solution! to guide others :winking_face:

Proud to be a Flownaut!

If you want you can follow me at www.christianabata.com Quieres contenido en español? Síguenos en Power Automate LA
PrasadAthalye
Super User
Super User

Yes because Get APIs does not have any request body. You just need to send parameters if any using either URLs or parameters.

Please Like and Mark this as Answer if it resolves your Issue.

Power Automate Community
AdamHunt
Frequent Visitor

the webapi I'm trying to consume does not support a post method. It only works when I have the json payload in the body using a get request.

luckily we own the webapi so will move this to a post...  Originally we were trying to consume a traditional wsdl based service running in IBM domino but we couldnt get a custom connector to work with it so we set up a webapi in front of this. Thank you to everyone for comments

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
MPA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

MSFTBizAppsLaunchEvent

Experience what’s next for Power Virtual Agents

See the latest Power Automate innovations, updates, and demos from the Microsoft Business Applications Launch Event.

New Super Users

Meet the Power Automate Super Users!

Many congratulations to the Season 1 2021 Flownaut Crew!

Power Platform ISV STudio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage applications post-AppSource publish.

Top Solution Authors
Users online (37,723)