cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
KubaL19
Regular Visitor

Flow to copy column values from one SP excel file to another

Hello Everyone,

Currently i am trying to set up Power automate flow, which would move data from one SP excel file to another. On attached screenshot values higlighted on grey are const values and are the same on both excel files, however those marked on yellow needs to be moved weekly into another spreadsheet.  Do you think its possible to move copy entire column and paste it to different spreadsheet? If yes what connectors should be use here? 

KubaL19_0-1628072280693.png

Thank you in advance for your help.

Best regards

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
manuelstgomes
Super User II
Super User II

Hi @KubaL19 

You can update values using the "Update row" action for Excel, but you need to define a key column and value so that Flow knows where to update the data.

With the "Add a row into a table," you'll always have a new row at the end of the file.

Cheers
Manuel

------------------------------------------------------------------
If I have answered your question, please mark it as "Accept as Solution." It will help other members finding the solution faster. If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up. ?
Otherwise, reply to it, and the community will do its best to help you.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
manuelstgomes
Super User II
Super User II

HI @KubaL19 

Sure it's possible. First, be sure that in both the source and destination Excels, you have tables. The flow will require that to fetch the data. You can use the "List rows present in a table" to bring the rows you want and then "Add a row into a table." Since you pick the fields individually, you can copy only the ones you want.

Can you please try and let me know if this is what you need?

Cheers
Manuel

If I have answered your question, please mark it as "Accept as Solution." It will help other members finding the solution faster. If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up. ?

Hello Manuel, 

Thank you very much for this. It worked, but only partially as data instead of replacing existing values were added at the bottom of output Table. Do you know wheter its possible to specify start rows from which data will be overwritten? Or can i just add new values to existing Table to the bottom of it? 

manuelstgomes
Super User II
Super User II

Hi @KubaL19 

You can update values using the "Update row" action for Excel, but you need to define a key column and value so that Flow knows where to update the data.

With the "Add a row into a table," you'll always have a new row at the end of the file.

Cheers
Manuel

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
MPA_User Group Leader_768x460.jpg

Manage your user group events

Check out the News & Announcements to learn more.

V3_PVA CAmpaign Carousel.png

Community Challenge - Giveaways!

Participate in the Power Virtual Agents Community Challenge

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

R2 (Green) 768 x 460px.png

Microsoft Dynamics 365 & Power Platform User Professionals

DynamicsCon is a FREE, 4 half-day virtual learning experience for 11,000+ Microsoft Business Application users and professionals.

Top Solution Authors
Users online (900)