Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Gazsim
Helper I
Helper I

Flow to copy files from One Drive to SharePoint not working

Hi All, 

I have created a flow to copy files from One Drive to SharePoint when a file is created. However the flow only seems to copy three of the five files that drop in here each night. Any ideas why this might be? Is there a size limit on file using this flow as the two files that are not copied are over 50,000KB?

Thanks, 

Flow.PNG

4 REPLIES 4
manuelstgomes
Super User II
Super User II

HI @Gazsim 

Not that I'm aware. I've checked the documentation, and there's no mention of it:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-automate/limits-and-config

Your approach is correct unless it's a question of timeout during the transfer of the files.  A workaround could be to compress the file before sending, but I don't know if you want / can have a bunch of zip files in SharePoint instead of the original file.

If I have answered your question, please mark your post as Solved.
If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.

Cheers
Manuel

Hi Manuel, 

Thanks for your reply. These files currently start in my Outlook as a zip file and I have a separate flow which unzips to my One Drive and then renames the file (the source determines the file name and it changes each day). Would it be possible in your opinion to skip this 'middle' step at all and unzip and rename the files directly to SharePoint?

Very frustrating indeed that it is not moving all the files concerned! 

Thanks, 

Hi, does anybody have any further ideas on this one as still not working?

Many thanks

Hi @Gazsim 

Sorry but I don't think so.. There's no rename action for SharePoint. I sucks I know, but this is the only way until the Power Automation team implements that action.

Hope this helps.

If I have answered your question, please mark your post as Solved.
If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.

Cheers
Manuel

Helpful resources

Announcements
Process Advisor

Introducing Process Advisor

Check out the new Process Advisor community forum board!

MPA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

MBAS on Demand

Microsoft Business Applications Summit sessions

On-demand access to all the great content presented by the product teams and community members! #MSBizAppsSummit #CommunityRocks

MBAS Attendee Badge

Claim Your Badge & Digital Swag!

Check out how to claim yours today!

Users online (10,715)