cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MFFranco
Frequent Visitor

Flow to copy folders and files from one sharepoint to another

Hello.

On my work I use 2 different Sharepoints and some files should be on both.

SPO1 is our "local" one, SPO2 is our "cloud" one, let's call them. I have access to both SPOs to create folders and files.

Most files will be hosted on SPO1 and I have been copying them manually to SPO2 (which has, for now, a different folder structure).

My aim with this flow would be 2 fold, and possibly 2 flows, one automatic (that would have to be duplicated as needed), one manual.

Flow 1/ Step 1 - manual flow:

1. New project folder (and subfolders, files) is created in SPO1.
  2. Button type flow where it would ask me what would be the main folder to copy from SPO1 and destination folder in SPO2.
  3. Copy the folder structure (and any files already present)

Flow 2/Step 2 - cloud flow:

Now that the structure is the same on both sides (manually) I would like to have a flow to check SPO1 project folder and update SPO2 when changes happen (new files, updated file, etc.) in SPO1.

• Can this be done to copy file X from Folder X in SPO1 to Folder X in SPO2 in an automated fashion? Or if I hit the button for Flow 1 a second time it would duplicate the folders and files in SPO2?
  • Could this flow add new folders from SPO1 into SPO2 folder (post initial Flow 1 running)?
0 REPLIES 0

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Platform Conf 2022 768x460.jpg

Join us for Microsoft Power Platform Conference

The first Microsoft-sponsored Power Platform Conference is coming in September. 100+ speakers, 150+ sessions, and what's new and next for Power Platform.

New Ideas Forum MPA.jpg

A new place to submit your Ideas for Power Automate

Announcing a new way to share your feedback with the Power Automate Team.

MPA Virtual Workshop Carousel 768x460.png

Register for a Free Workshop

Learn to digitize and optimize business processes and connect all your applications to share data in real time.

365 EduCon 768x460.png

Microsoft 365 EduCon

Join us for two optional days of workshops and a 3-day conference, you can choose from over 130 sessions in multiple tracks and 25 workshops.

Users online (4,702)