Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Helper I
Helper I

Flow to create custom template document library

Hello!

My requirements are as thus:

A Request is entered into a list - when the Status changes to Project I would like a custom document library from a template (with say 3 folders, 1 of them with unique permissions) to be created.

I was able to create a document library with Flow but it is only the standard document library.  

I'm wondering if there is a way to create a document library based off a custom list template with Flow or with Designer workflow?  Could PowerShell be used within Flow or workflow?

I did some searching but cold not find anything that seemed to work so I thought I'd ask here and see if anyone had some idea on how or suggestions on another way I can try.

Thanks!

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Helper I
Helper I

Re: Flow to create custom template document library

I did manage to get a library created with the Send HTTP request and even learned about creating the folders and such I needed - would have been easier if could use a template but hey, it's working 🙂 .  Working now with manipulating permissions.

Thanks!

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

Hi @scutiyog ,

I am afraid that there is no way to achieve your needs in Microsoft Flow currently.

There is no action about creating a document library of the SharePoint connector.

Here are two similar ideas to your scenario you can vote with:

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Flow-Ideas/Create-a-SharePoint-document-library-from-Flow/idi-p/...

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Flow-Ideas/Create-document-library-folder/idi-p/37497

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _ Zhongys

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Highlighted
Helper I
Helper I

I did manage to get a library created with the Send HTTP request and even learned about creating the folders and such I needed - would have been easier if could use a template but hey, it's working 🙂 .  Working now with manipulating permissions.

Thanks!

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Helper I
Helper I

Hi There,

I know this was posted a long time ago, but do you think you can add some details on how you accomplished this?

I'm on the same situation and nothing that I've tried so far has worked.

Thank You

Helper I
Helper I

Hi @DemoMan ,

Sorry, i didn't  have alerts set on this so didn't realize you had asked about what i ended up doing.  In case you still need the info - 

I ended up using a couple of Http requests.
When the user inputs the information to my SharePoint list, they are giving me the information I need to determine what the name of the new library should be
So I create a variable called LibraryName at the beginning
I use that variable for a Send Http Request to SharePoint

librarycreation.PNG

Then i used more http requests to create the folders i wanted in the library.  

foldercreation.PNG

I even used the requests to manipulate the security on the folders and such.

Now this is probably not the best way if you have like dozens of folders you need or something like that... but i only needed 3 folders created in the library so it wasn't hard to get into Flow and it was the only way i could find to create a library with the setup i wanted since i never did find a way to use a list template.

Highlighted
Regular Visitor

Thank you! It worked perfect for me!

Helpful resources

Announcements
FirstImage

Microsoft Ignite 2020

Check out the announcement of Power Platform content at Microsoft Ignite!

thirdImage

Experience what's new for Power Automate

Join us for an in-depth look at the new Power Automate features and capabilities at the free Microsoft Business Applications Launch Event.

firstImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (5,782)