cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Bizzo
Kudo Kingpin
Kudo Kingpin

Flow to create new News post on modern Communication site

I'd like to create a flow that would create a new News post on a modern Communication site. Looking into it, the news posts are just new (modern) pages that have promotedState=1, and it doesn't look like there's any way to create a new site page via Flow. I wanted to ask if anyone else has looked into this or figured out a way to make this work.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
v-yuazh-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Bizzo,

Creating a new site page is not supported in microsoft flow currently,

I afraid that there is no way to achieve your needs in Microsoft Flow currently.

If you would like this feature to be added in Microsoft Flow, please submit an idea to Flow Ideas Forum:

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Flow-Ideas/idb-p/FlowIdeas

Best regards,

Alice

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
v-yuazh-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Bizzo,

Creating a new site page is not supported in microsoft flow currently,

I afraid that there is no way to achieve your needs in Microsoft Flow currently.

If you would like this feature to be added in Microsoft Flow, please submit an idea to Flow Ideas Forum:

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Flow-Ideas/idb-p/FlowIdeas

Best regards,

Alice

GabrielStJohn
Community Champion
Community Champion

Hello, @Bizzo!

Thank you for posting on the Flow Community Forum! If you have already posted your idea to the Flow Community Ideas Forum or found an existing idea to upvote, then you need to post the URL to the idea’s thread as a reply to this thread. Then click "Accept as Solution" on the reply if you approve it as a solution to your issue so that other users may vote for the Flow Idea and identify the information easily within this thread.

Thank You for being an active member of the Flow Community!

-Gabriel
Flow Community Manager

- Gabriel
Community Manager
Power Automate | Power Virtual Agents
Super User Program Manager

Hi @GabrielStJohn,

I was hoping I could rig up a workaround, but I haven't had time (and I'm not sure it will be a priority). We have news that's sent out via email. My idea was to parse the email as it's received and insert the body of the email into a list. That could kickoff a different flow or the flow could continue, but I thought I should be able to hit an endpoint using HTTP. The endpoint would be a page on the site, and using JSOM I could create a new page and add the content from the list into that page. I thought it might help someone else if I posted this as an idea.

Helpful resources

Announcements
2022 Release Wave 1 760x460.png

2022 Release Wave 1 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2022 release wave 1 describes all new features releasing from April 2022 through September 2022.

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (1,247)