Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
BR1984
Level: Powered On

Flow to create subsite with custom webtemplate

Hi

I have a custom webtemplate i have saved as wsp file and uploadet it to my site collection.

I can use that webtemplate just fine if i create a manuel subsite and its showing it under custom webtemplates like her

image.png

The CustomWebtemplateID is listed here image.png and i try to use this ID to create the site.

Her is the flow - When e new item is created then

image.png

If i change my WebTemplate to STS#0 then new modern page is created just fine, but if i use my TemplateID then i get error (Status Code: 400)

image.png

the error is here:

{
"status": 400,
"message": "<?xml version=\"1.0\" encoding=\"utf-8\"?><m:error xmlns:m=\"http://schemas.microsoft.com/ado/2007/08/dataservices/metadata\"><m:code>-2147024809, System.ArgumentException</m:code><m:message xml:lang=\"da-DK\">The file or arguments are not valid for the web template '{6B125B90-3015-4813-8404-C0CB31B122AE}#VAB-Skabelon'.&#xD;\nParameter name: WebTemplate</m:message></m:error>\r\nclientRequestId: 07142bab-e822-4098-be1f-8454cce0ff58\r\nserviceRequestId: d97ca79e-90fd-0000-376a-a308dc61c756",
"errors": []
}

I hope i was clear and i hope someone can tell me why i get this error when custom template is work great manually.

2 REPLIES 2
EunjuHan
Level: Powered On

Re: Flow to create subsite with custom webtemplate

It’s seemed to be okay, but i have noticed that the single quotation at the front of the WebTemplate ID is missing. can you fix and try it again? Actually, I have got a similar situaltion with you. My issue was WebTemplaID value was wrong.  I hope it will help.

ŻŻ
Level: Power Up

Re: Flow to create subsite with custom webtemplate

There is an apostrophe missing in WebTemplate value. Try put

WebTemplate':'{12345-6...}#abc'

with extra ' after :

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

firstImage

Incoming: New and improved badges!

We've given our badges an overhaul and also added some brand new ones!

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

seventhimage

Webinars & Video Gallery

Watch & learn from the Power Automate Community Video Gallery!

Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (5,799)