cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Anonymous
Not applicable

Flow to forward e-mails (to different email adresses depending on sender)

Hello there,

I want to create a flow with rather simple task, but somehow it wont work;

We have an email adress, where all the invoices get sent to. Then, a person manually selects which invoice belongs to what person and forwards it.

To automate this process, i wanted to create a flow that does exactly that - whenever an email gets received, forward the mail to a specific person depending on the sender.

Somehow i cannot get it to work.

I assume i have to either create a single flow for every sender or to set up a condition that checks if the sender is adress X (if yes, forward the mail to the adress that has to deal with all invoices of supplier X) and if not, condition is triggered that checks if the sender is adress Y (and so on)..

The problem is that my mails wont get forwarded (i read that this can also be caused due to bugs in the forward-action, which is why i also tried the method to send "a copy" of the mail as seen in the flow to "forwarding outlook mails with or without attachments". The problem here is that i dont know how to apply a condition here and that in the further process, the mails are harder to assign when the sender is the same intern email adress.

I hope you can help me here. Id be extremely grateful as this flow would save a lot of time in the long term 🙂

Regards,

hilke

2 REPLIES 2
Super User
Super User

Re: Flow to forward e-mails (to different email adresses depending on sender)

Hi @Anonymous 

What mail client are you using? Have you tried setting up these auto forward rules directly on the mail box. Whilst this could be achieved using Flow it is not really necessary in this case as you only wish to forward the emails. Also, depending on the level of emails you are receiving, this could make a large dent in your monthly Flow quota.

Regards

Lee 

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Flownaut!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Flow to forward e-mails (to different email adresses depending on sender)

Hello @LeeHarris ,

thanks for your response. I havent thought of that. This could be a better alternative, although ill have to come back to Flow lateron in the process, as i want to install notification and approval algorhythms in specific cases.

I will try to set up forward rules as you suggested. I might come back here once i need a flow for my plans.

Thank you for your help!

Have a nice week.

Regards

hilke

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

firstImage

Incoming: New and improved badges!

We've given our badges an overhaul and also added some brand new ones!

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

seventhimage

Webinars & Video Gallery

Watch & learn from the Power Automate Community Video Gallery!

Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (4,624)