cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
_FC1

Flow to generate recurring planner tasks with task notes

Hi all! 

I am new to power automate & flows, but have been researching like crazy to get this flow to work. I've been successful at setting up the recurrence, setting the due date and start date for the tasks, creating the task, BUT my struggle is pulling in the task notes. 

We have a compliance planner which has tasks assigned to individuals for monthly, quarterly and annual completion. I'm using flow to grab the existing task and create a new one for the next month using it. I set up a delay after the initial 'create a task' but am not totally sure why one is needed. Then I put in a 'Get a task' with 'Id' for the Task Id and created an 'Update task details', but this is where I'm stuck. 

How do I get it to pull in the existing task notes?! HELP! If anyone could share any tips/suggestions/articles, it would be greatly appreciated!

So I've got it like this: 

Recurrence

Due Date-Every Month 15 (using compose)

Start Date-Every Month 1 (compose)

Create a task (planner)

Delay

Get a task (planner - using 'Id' as the Task Id)

Update task details (STUCK)

Thanks,

Felischa

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
anupam8555
Responsive Resident
Responsive Resident

Hello @_FC1 ,

I have reviewed your operation. I am not sure why you are creating first task and than trying to update task. Here is my suggestion(Logic) you can implement : 

Also make sure you are using latest planner api as I can see V2 api is deprecated.

Thanks

Anupam

(please mark resolved if it helps you) 

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
anupam8555
Responsive Resident
Responsive Resident

Hello @_FC1 ,

I have reviewed your operation. I am not sure why you are creating first task and than trying to update task. Here is my suggestion(Logic) you can implement : 

Also make sure you are using latest planner api as I can see V2 api is deprecated.

Thanks

Anupam

(please mark resolved if it helps you) 

_FC1

Thank you!!! I've basically just been reading solutions on the forum and help guides to pull an operation together but got stuck on the get task portion. I saw some solutions with it after and others with it before so I was confused. Thanks for clarifying the logic!

Felischa

Did you get this to work?  Can I see a screenshot of your flow?

shavora
Super User
Super User

I'd like to see it too.

Helpful resources

Announcements
MPA Virtual Workshop Carousel 768x460.png

Register for a Free Workshop

Learn to digitize and optimize business processes and connect all your applications to share data in real time.

New Process Advisor Capabilities carousel.png

Read the blog for the latest news

Read the latest about new experiences and capabilities in the Power Automate product blog.

PA Survey Carousel Image.png

We want to hear from you!

If you are a small business ISV/Reseller, share your thoughts with our research team.

AI Builder AMA June 7th carousel (up on May 25th, take down June 8th) (1).png

'Ask Microsoft Anything' about AI Builder!

The AI Builder team invite you to ask questions and provide helpful answers at our next AMA.

Users online (1,412)