Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
SlothKat
Level: Powered On

Flow to get data from a survey (forms or other) to update a SharePoint list

Hi all,

The title says it all really. To try & explain it in more detail.

I've got a sharepoint list that I'd like to update from data aquired from a survey, either on Forms or another source.

My problem is that I need to only update certain columns of the list with the data from the survey. I currently don't know how to get Flow to do this without replacing all the fields with new data.

I only need to update 3 columns on the list using the data from the survey.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Kat

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: Flow to get data from a survey (forms or other) to update a SharePoint list

Hi @SlothKat,

To update a SharePoint list with data from Microsoft Forms, please take the following flow for a reference.

If you want to only update certain columns of the list, please just fill in certain fields with dynamic content from the previous action.

In this flow, I am going to update two fields in the list, StartDate and Details.

It is triggered by When a form is submitted. Then Get details from the form.

Add action Get items from the list. At here, I use Filter query to return the item that has the same name with the Title in the list. (Besides, without using the filter query in Get items, you could also try to add a Condition after action Get items to return the item you want).

Then add the action Update item. Select Id and Title from Get items, then use the dynamic content from the form to update the two fields, StartDate and Details.

It is working fine.

Please check the following image for a reference.

1.PNG 

Best regards,

Mabel

Community Support Team _ Mabel Mao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: Flow to get data from a survey (forms or other) to update a SharePoint list

Hi @SlothKat,

To update a SharePoint list with data from Microsoft Forms, please take the following flow for a reference.

If you want to only update certain columns of the list, please just fill in certain fields with dynamic content from the previous action.

In this flow, I am going to update two fields in the list, StartDate and Details.

It is triggered by When a form is submitted. Then Get details from the form.

Add action Get items from the list. At here, I use Filter query to return the item that has the same name with the Title in the list. (Besides, without using the filter query in Get items, you could also try to add a Condition after action Get items to return the item you want).

Then add the action Update item. Select Id and Title from Get items, then use the dynamic content from the form to update the two fields, StartDate and Details.

It is working fine.

Please check the following image for a reference.

1.PNG 

Best regards,

Mabel

Community Support Team _ Mabel Mao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

firstImage

Incoming: New and improved badges!

We've given our badges an overhaul and also added some brand new ones!

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

seventhimage

Webinars & Video Gallery

Watch & learn from the Power Automate Community Video Gallery!

Top Kudoed Authors
Users Online
Currently online: 94 members 5,174 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: