Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SumanthDundi7
Helper IV
Helper IV

Flow to hide viewing NOT submitted items

Hi,

I have built a flow where when users upload a file in SharePoint Online Library Folder A that will be moved to another Folder B. So, problem is that Flow is taking atleast 3-5mints to move the file from Folder A to Folder B. Meanwhile during this 3-5mints lag, users have a chance of viewing items which they haven't uploaded. This has become a challenge where one submitter should not see the file uploaded by others during this 3-5mints lag. Can someone please help me on this?!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

At this point, we can do nothing at all, since the delay on trigger the flow is undeterministic, and it might depend on the time of the day it is executed, for example.

If that's a problem, have you tried to create a view in SharePoint where users are only available to see their submitted items? Although it's not a security mechanism, it can work before the flow is executed.

Hope it helps.
Ferran

Did I answer your question? Please consider to mark my post as a solution to help others.
Proud to be a Flownaut!

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
fchopo
Super User
Super User

Hello @SumanthDundi7 

You could stop sharing and item or file, and give permissions to the user who submitted the element using "Grant access to an item or a folder":

permissions.png

Hope it helps!

Ferran

Did I answer your question? Please consider to mark my post as a solution to help others.
Proud to be a Flownaut!

Hi @fchopo Feeran,

I see that Flow is taking at max 3-5 mints for the logic that you have mentioned. Main challenge is that few mints delay is happening for the trigger point(when an item is created) to get initiated. Any other thoughts on this?

At this point, we can do nothing at all, since the delay on trigger the flow is undeterministic, and it might depend on the time of the day it is executed, for example.

If that's a problem, have you tried to create a view in SharePoint where users are only available to see their submitted items? Although it's not a security mechanism, it can work before the flow is executed.

Hope it helps.
Ferran

Proud to be a Flownaut!

View solution in original post

Hi @fchopo , I see creating view is the only option as of now. Thank you

Helpful resources

Announcements
MPA_User Group Leader_768x460.jpg

Manage your user group events

Check out the News & Announcements to learn more.

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

Welcome Super Users.jpg

Super User Season 2

Congratulations, the new Super User Season 2 for 2021 has started!

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

Users online (1,473)