Did you mean: 
KarCz
Frequent Visitor

Flow to increment capacity value +1 everytime someone enter a record in SP list

Dear PowerAutomate Experts,

I have a SharePoint list which has columns:

Training capacity (number)

Training capacity value (number)

So, basically - Training capacity is a number of free slots for the training, for example: 10. Training capacity value is 0 from beginning, but I want to increment this value +1 everytime someone is submitting (creating a record in the list) for a training.

When I reach same number Training capacity = Training capacity value 

I made a Flow like this, but everytime it's triggered (by "When a new item is created"), my Training capacity value is starting from 0 & going to value "1"

KarCz_1-1658324718299.png

Is my logic correct and I'm making any mistake or should I change the logic here? 

Thank you in advance.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
David-
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

It has been a while since I have done something like this, but you will want to create a second list that you add all of your training courses in it. When a course is added, you specify the name, and add rows for seats available, seats filled and seats remaining. For example:

David_0-1658342301168.png

You then add this as a lookup in your sign-up list. Then when your workflow runs, you get the list item from the course list and add 1 seat to the filled seats, and of course update the value in the course listing. Remaining seats in my list is a just a calculated column of =TEXT(Seats-[Filled Seats],"#"). 

Otherwise, the way you have it now, each time the workflow runs the initial value of the variable will be zero.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
David-
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

It has been a while since I have done something like this, but you will want to create a second list that you add all of your training courses in it. When a course is added, you specify the name, and add rows for seats available, seats filled and seats remaining. For example:

David_0-1658342301168.png

You then add this as a lookup in your sign-up list. Then when your workflow runs, you get the list item from the course list and add 1 seat to the filled seats, and of course update the value in the course listing. Remaining seats in my list is a just a calculated column of =TEXT(Seats-[Filled Seats],"#"). 

Otherwise, the way you have it now, each time the workflow runs the initial value of the variable will be zero.

KarCz
Frequent Visitor

Oh thanks, it will be pretty hard for me to implement, but I'll try it. I have already two lists, I will try to make that calculated column

Helpful resources

Announcements
 WHAT’S NEXT AT MICROSOFT IGNITE 2022

WHAT’S NEXT AT MICROSOFT IGNITE 2022

Explore the latest innovations, learn from product experts and partners, level up your skillset, and create connections from around the world.

Register for a Free Workshop.png

Register for a Free Workshop

Learn to digitize and optimize business processes and connect all your applications to share data in real time.

September Events 2022

Check out all of these events

Attend in person or online, there are incredible conferences and events happening all throughout the month of September.

Users online (2,981)