cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SylvieLet
Level: Powered On

Flow to move entire folder to separate document library

Hi all, 

I've searched pretty thoroughly to see if this question has been asked, but it seems people are only asking about moving files, not folders. 

What I need is to move (not copy) an entire folder to a different document library. 

I have a folder called Move to Archive and one called Infosessions 2016

I built a flow that I hoped would move anything put into Move to Archive into a separate document library. 

It works for files, but when I placed Infosessions 2016 into Move to Archive it did not move. 

Is this because Flow cannot move entire folders/subfolders?

Reason I am not using the Copy to or Move to functions in the document library:

1. Copy to  takes 3 tries to actually load any destinations. It gets stuck on the loading icon and never displays them. Not sure my users will tolerate this. 

2. Move to cannot move files anywhere outside of the current document library. (In the new experience).

Any advice? And if there is documentation about Flow and folders, sorry that I missed it, please direct me there. 

Sylv

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Super User
Super User

Re: Flow to move entire folder to separate document library

You can use the Move SharePoint Folder from Library action to move a folder to nested structure of folder or even cross-site.

This action is in "Plumsail SP" connector, which is a part of Plumsail Actions product.

Note, it is a paid third-party solution. But it provides a rich set of actions that simplify working with SharePoint, permissions, and documents.

2 REPLIES 2
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @SylvieLet,

After some tests, I think this cannot be achieved in Flow for now. 

You could post this idea in the Flow Ideas forum, so it might be considered for future releases.

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Flow-Ideas/idb-p/FlowIdeas

Regards,

Mona Li

Community Support Team _ Mona Li
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Super User
Super User

You can use the Move SharePoint Folder from Library action to move a folder to nested structure of folder or even cross-site.

This action is in "Plumsail SP" connector, which is a part of Plumsail Actions product.

Note, it is a paid third-party solution. But it provides a rich set of actions that simplify working with SharePoint, permissions, and documents.

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

Microsoft Business Applications Virtual Launch Event

Watch the event on demand for an in-depth look at the new innovations across Dynamics 365 and the Microsoft Power Platform.

firstImage

Watch Sessions On Demand!

Continue your learning in our online communities.

Power Platform 2019 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform 2019 Release Wave 2 Plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020.

thirdimage

Flow Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

seventhimage

Webinars & Video Gallery

Watch & learn from the Flow Community Video Gallery!

Top Kudoed Authors
Users Online
Currently online: 427 members 5,314 guests
Recent signins:
Please welcome our newest community members: