cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Resolver I
Resolver I

Flow to move file once Approval = Denied

Hello all!  I Have a flow that checks for "Denied" in the Content Approval Column. It's triggered when a SharePoint file is created or edited. Only problem is the flow is only triggering when the document is put into the directory and at that point the 'Content Approval Status' is always reading as 'In progress'.  The flow runs but never moves the file upon 'Denied' because it has already run upon file being placed into the directory.  For some reason it is not running a second time when the metadata is updated and thus would check the 'Content Approval Status' column and see the document was rejected and thus move the file into the rejected folder. I know this for sure as I have resubmitted the flow after the workflow has been completed and the 'Content Approval Status' column has been updated to 'Denied'. Upon resubmission the flow triggers and the action to move the file to 'Rejected Folder' is executed. 

Any ideas how to either keep the flow in 'process' until the 'Content Approval' has been completed? Otherwise I need the flow to trigger again upon metadata being updated.  Can anyone help?  Thanks all!

Tom

Flow 1.PNGContent Approval = DeniedContent Approval = DeniedFlow 4.PNGContent Approval=DeniedContent Approval=Denied

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Re: Flow to move file once Approval = Denied

Hi @tomh,

Has your problem been solved?
If your problem has been solved, You could go ahead and mark the post as solved by clicking “Accept as Solution” so that this thread will be marked for other users to easily identify!

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Lin Tu

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @tomh,

You can use this trigger When a file is created or modified (properties only) instead of your previous one, it will perform once the file metadata is modified.Annotation 2019-11-06 132016.png

Best Regards,
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @tomh,

Has your problem been solved?
If your problem has been solved, You could go ahead and mark the post as solved by clicking “Accept as Solution” so that this thread will be marked for other users to easily identify!

Best Regards,

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
secondImage

August 2020 CYST Winners!

Check out the winners of the recent 'Can You Solve These?' community challenge!

thirdImage

Experience what's new for Power Automate

Join us for an in-depth look at the new Power Automate features and capabilities at the free Microsoft Business Applications Launch Event.

firstImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (5,296)