cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RobbiiuK
Regular Visitor

Flow to organise email attachments to corresponding folders (sharepoint)

Hi All,

I'm looking for assistance if possible, worth mentioning that I am new to flows and have no experience with coding!

At the moment, I have a flow set-up to save email attachments from a specific email address into a single Sharepoint folder. 

For example, if an email has an attachment which is received from @example.com, the attachments get copied into the intended Sharepoint folder, no problem at all - that's working fine.

However, what I am now looking to achieve is something that I have the impression of being on a much larger scale..

I want to set up a flow similar to above, but specifically for organising individual customer invoices. Each month, we send out a load of invoices to our customers for their monthly subscriptions and send this from our billing email address, when these are sent, we put ourselves as a BCC just so we have a copy of the email. So in my mind, when the email is received with the attachment to our @billing address the attachment gets copied into the corresponding customer's Sharepoint folder.  

I assume there's a condition I need to put into the flow so that it can determine that if the attached file equals A, then it filters the attachment into Customer Folder A, and so on..

Is this possible? If so, how would I implement it? 

Many thanks for taking the time to read and look forward to your suggestions!

4 REPLIES 4
v-bacao-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @RobbiiuK ,

How are you progressing and what kind of problems have you encountered?

You only need to filter based on the properties of the attachment. If the property contains values related to the SharePoint Library folder, it can also be used to specify Folder.

The Folder Path field of the Create file action can be manually configured as long as it conforms to the format /LibraryName/FolderName.

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _ Barry
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
RobbiiuK
Regular Visitor

Hi @v-bacao-msft ,

Thank you for your response.

Would it be possible for you to create an example flow then share with me as a screenshot so I get a better understanding? 

Another note to add is that our Dynamics 365 is integrated with Sharepoint, whenever an account is viewed in Dynamics, it creates a Sharepoint folder using the Account Name from Dynamics. As an example, within Dynamics the account name is ABC123, therefore the Sharepoint folder is also called ABC123. Then any documents stored within these particular folders, can we viewed within the Dynamics account page - very useful! If we format the invoices to show as filenames "[Account Name]_{Invoice Number}", would this filter once applied move the files to the corresponding folders? 

RobbiiuK
Regular Visitor

bump

Could someone assist with this please? 

I'm still struggling! Much appreciated and thanks in advance 🙂

Helpful resources

Announcements
2022 Release Wave 1 760x460.png

2022 Release Wave 1 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2022 release wave 1 describes all new features releasing from April 2022 through September 2022.

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

User Group Leader Meeting January 768x460.png

Calling all User Group Leaders!

Don't miss the User Group Leader meetings on January, 24th & 25th, 2022.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (2,696)