cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JK2020
Frequent Visitor

Flow to pass Dyn365 display values into an email

Hello,

I am struggling to figure this out and hope someone here can help me, please. In my Dyn365 instance, we have an entity called Leads. Each lead is linked to a Customer (Accounts entity) and has an Owner (Users entity). I need to create a Flow that will send an email to the owner of the lead when the lead record gets updated, and include in that email the customer name and other values from the lead. My problem is, getting the owner's email address from Users table and the customer display name from the Accounts table. So far, I've managed to build a working flow that send an email to me, but the customer name and the owner are GUIDs. No issues retrieving values from other text fields, it's just these lookup fields that I don't seem to be able to figure out. From my research so far, I think Get record is what I should be using, but not having much luck with it. Any ideas how this can be done?

1 REPLY 1
Chris-J
Microsoft
Microsoft

@JK2020 You need to use "Get a row by ID" action to get email of the owner and customer via the owner id and customer id. for example:

Chris-J_0-1614140831125.png

Helpful resources

Announcements
MPA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

MSFTBizAppsLaunchEvent

Experience what’s next for Power Virtual Agents

See the latest Power Automate innovations, updates, and demos from the Microsoft Business Applications Launch Event.

New Super Users

Meet the Power Automate Super Users!

Many congratulations to the Season 1 2021 Flownaut Crew!

Power Platform ISV STudio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage applications post-AppSource publish.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (78,095)