cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
KBVelasco
Regular Visitor

Flow to post message to Team channel when SP List value set to "Completed"

Hello,

This is my first shot at setting up a flow.  I am trying to set one up that posts a message to a Teams Channel when a specific change occurs in a Sharepoint List.  I tried configuring one on my own, but it would get triggered by changes to fields other than what I thought I had limited it to.  Please see specifics below...

Here is a sample record from my list:

KBVelasco_0-1601934975631.png

When the value in the Review Status field is changed to "Completed",  I would like an automated message to be posted to our Teams Channel with an active @mention directed at the Reviewer of the record that was edited.  Here is my current setup (I'm sure it's full of errors):

KBVelasco_1-1601936619633.png

I also applied a a Trigger Condition on the settings of the first element to try to limit the column the flow was looking at:

KBVelasco_2-1601936966422.png

Hopefully I've provided enough info on this.  Please reply if you need any additional info.  As stated above, this is my first shot at this, and if I am approaching this completely wrong, please point me in the right direction.

Thank you!

3 REPLIES 3
chsanche
Microsoft
Microsoft

Hi @KBVelasco 

What is the output of the condition in your Flow? I can see that you are comparing the column to a "Completed" value which should narrow down the posts on the Team Channel. Please confirm if the trigger is actually receiving the correct Completed value. You can add a Compose action before the condition in order to check the value as well.

Best Regards,

If this post helps you give a :thumbs_up: and if it solved your issue consider Accept it as the solution

Hi @chsanche,

The condition was set on "Review Status Value."  I initially had it set to "Review Status," as that is the column name, but it kept failing.  Now it runs on both "Status" columns even though I thought I only had it set up to only look at "Review Status."  Below are screenshots for both Status column options:

KBVelasco_0-1601939908905.png

KBVelasco_1-1601940244129.png

Sorry, my previous reply is misleading.  The screenshots refer to the two Status columns in my list.

Helpful resources

Announcements
MBAS Attendee Badge

Claim Your Badge & Digital Swag!

Check out how to claim yours today!

MPA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

secondImage

Are Your Ready?

Test your skills now with the Cloud Skill Challenge.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (68,908)