cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
KBVelasco
Regular Visitor

Flow to post message to Team channel when SP List value set to "Completed"

Hello,

This is my first shot at setting up a flow.  I am trying to set one up that posts a message to a Teams Channel when a specific change occurs in a Sharepoint List.  I tried configuring one on my own, but it would get triggered by changes to fields other than what I thought I had limited it to.  Please see specifics below...

Here is a sample record from my list:

KBVelasco_0-1601934975631.png

When the value in the Review Status field is changed to "Completed",  I would like an automated message to be posted to our Teams Channel with an active @mention directed at the Reviewer of the record that was edited.  Here is my current setup (I'm sure it's full of errors):

KBVelasco_1-1601936619633.png

I also applied a a Trigger Condition on the settings of the first element to try to limit the column the flow was looking at:

KBVelasco_2-1601936966422.png

Hopefully I've provided enough info on this.  Please reply if you need any additional info.  As stated above, this is my first shot at this, and if I am approaching this completely wrong, please point me in the right direction.

Thank you!

3 REPLIES 3
chsanche
Microsoft
Microsoft

Hi @KBVelasco 

What is the output of the condition in your Flow? I can see that you are comparing the column to a "Completed" value which should narrow down the posts on the Team Channel. Please confirm if the trigger is actually receiving the correct Completed value. You can add a Compose action before the condition in order to check the value as well.

Best Regards,

If this post helps you give a :thumbs_up: and if it solved your issue consider Accept it as the solution

Hi @chsanche,

The condition was set on "Review Status Value."  I initially had it set to "Review Status," as that is the column name, but it kept failing.  Now it runs on both "Status" columns even though I thought I only had it set up to only look at "Review Status."  Below are screenshots for both Status column options:

KBVelasco_0-1601939908905.png

KBVelasco_1-1601940244129.png

Sorry, my previous reply is misleading.  The screenshots refer to the two Status columns in my list.

Helpful resources

Announcements
MPA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

MSFTBizAppsLaunchEvent

Experience what’s next for Power Virtual Agents

See the latest Power Automate innovations, updates, and demos from the Microsoft Business Applications Launch Event.

New Super Users

Meet the Power Automate Super Users!

Many congratulations to the Season 1 2021 Flownaut Crew!

Power Platform ISV STudio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage applications post-AppSource publish.

Top Solution Authors
Users online (39,279)