Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Microsoft
Microsoft

Flow to pull data from Azure SQL coming from a Power App

Hi there, guys.

I'm hoping you guys can help me out building a Flow that would take data from Azure SQL, and push it into the CDS. A certain user would use a PowerApp to interact with this data. Once they're done, I would like the Flow to turn the data into a CSV which would have to be emailed to the source system, which in turn eventually, pushes it back to SQL.

I know it sounds a bit complicated but I was hoping you guys could clear this doubts to know if this is possible ATM or not

Thanks again!

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Super User III
Super User III

Re: Flow to pull data from Azure SQL coming from a Power App

Hi @v-jamat 

Looks like your requirement can be met using Flow. Could you please explain the journey from PowerApps to Flow step by step. Also please mention which database (Source) is in place for each steps. Once that is explained I could help you with possible options.

Thanks

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up

Proud to be a Flownaut!

Learn more from my blog
Highlighted
Microsoft
Microsoft

Thanks for following this up, ill try to explain as best as I can. Here is a screenshot of the Entity TaskUpdate which is edited by a user using Power App:

1.PNG

Once the user is finished (hits submit in the App), a Flow is manually triggered. Here are screenshots of the start of the Flow:

2.PNG

3.PNG

At this point, we would normally push the CSV object out to a file on OneDrive (or SharePoint Online) and then attach it to an email and send via ExchangeOnline, but the Flow account is only has a Power Apps per App license, so no file storage or mailbox. Note: we create two CSV objects because we need a header line in the CSV file that doesn't fit the subsequent schema

Hopefully, this will clear things up

Thanks in advance

Highlighted
Microsoft
Microsoft

Hey guys.

Any idea for this one?

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

Super User Program Update

Three Super User rank tiers have been launched!

firstImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

firstImage

Join the new Power Virtual Agents Community!

We are excited to announce the launch of Power Virtual Agents Community. Check it out now!

firstImage

New & Improved Power Automate Community Cookbook

We've updated and improved the layout and uploading format of the Power Automate Cookbook!

thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

Top Solution Authors
Users online (6,962)