cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JojenReed
Level: Powered On

Flow to record info from Forms in SharePoint list including the Submitter (as person)

I have a very simple form created in Microsoft Forms (one free text question). I am trying to create a simple Flow that will take the answer to the question, and the responder and insert these details into a new item in a SharePoint list. In the SharePoint list, the "created by" column is always populated by my account (as the flow creator) and not with the responder to the original Form - so in the Flow I'm trying to populate a person picker field with the responder of the original Form. In doing so it appears I'm only able to use the "Responder's email", and when trying to populate a person picker field with this, it fails. I am able to populate a single text field with the responder's email, but I need to populate a person picker field, as I will have a Powershell script that runs on this data and I need tog et further information about who the user is.

Can somebody please let me know how I can achieve this please. I'm new to Flow/Forms and thought this was going to be very simple!

4 REPLIES 4
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: Flow to record info from Forms in SharePoint list including the Submitter (as person)

Hi @JojenReed,

Could you please share a screenshot of your flow's configuration?

Could you please show a bit more about your SharePoint list?

Could you please show a bit more about the error message?

Futher, do you want to populate a custom Person or Group type column with the Responder of the original Form?

I have created a SharePoint list on my side and the data structure of it as below:21.JPG

Note: The Product Name column and Product Area column are both Single line of text type column, Product Date column is  Date type column, the Responder column is a Person or Group type column.

I have made a test on my side and don't have the issue that you mentioned. My flow's configuration as below:22.JPG

The flow works successfully as below:23.JPG

24.JPG

If you want to populate a Person or Group type column with "Responder's email" dynamic content, please make sure that the Responder of your original form is a member of your Office 365 organization or group (or SharePoint group). If the responder doesn't exist in your Office 365 organization or group (or SharePoint group), the "Responder's email" dynamic content could not be filled within your custom person picker field (Person or Group type column).

Best regards,

Kris

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
JojenReed

Re: Flow to record info from Forms in SharePoint list including the Submitter (as person)

Hi Kris,

Thanks for your response

I (the form & flow creator) was the responder. It only fails when I use the Responder's email to set the person picker field - when I send the resp[onder's email to a single text field it works fine.

Here's my Flow ...

THe Flow.png

Here's the error message (part 1):

ErrorPart1.png

Part 2:

ErrorPart2.png

Form Settings:

FormSettings.png

JGOUPIL

Hi JojenReed & Kris,

Same issue here. Unable to populate "Person or Group" column type in SharePoint Online with the Forms' Responder's Email

Something new ? 🙂

rfred
Level: Power Up

Hi All,

Is it possible the other way around? Submitting a Microsoft Form from data in a sharepoint list (or excel table maybe)

Thanks!

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

firstImage

Incoming: New and improved badges!

We've given our badges an overhaul and also added some brand new ones!

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

seventhimage

Webinars & Video Gallery

Watch & learn from the Power Automate Community Video Gallery!

Top Kudoed Authors
Users Online
Currently online: 387 members 7,030 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: