cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Mickow
Helper II
Helper II

Flow to record timestamps of emails sent (outlook)

Hi,
Is there a possibility to track in an excel file (preferably) what time were outlook messages sent? I want to create a flow to figure out how much time each task in the chain of tasks takes.
Each of those tasks requires sending an email - it would be the easiest to track those emails.
Also each chain of tasks (process) has its unique identifier in the subject of the email.
So the process looks like that:

PowerApp request -->Request recorded in the Excel Database-->Email Sent to DOER-->Task1-->Email sent to REVIEWER-->Task2-->Email sent to ADMIN--> Task3.

So I need timestamps for those 3 "Email sent to..." activities to be recorded in excel.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
ccc333ab
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

Not sure this will work for you but you could do the following:

1. Have your flow triggered from "When a new email arrives (V2)"

• Change Folder to "Sent Items" so it'll only run when you send an email 
  • Update your Subject Filter to something that will recognize these specific emails...but there must be something that is consistent between ALL of these types of emails. You mention you have a unique ID in the subject line so that won't work. 

In my example below, I am assuming all my emails will have a preface of "[Test-". So that way I know all of these emails will pertain to this task....and after the dash, I will use the unique number. So something like [Test-0001], [Test-0002], etc. Hopefully there is something in your subject line that you can use. 

ccc333ab_0-1625842791509.png

2. Now you can just use the data from this trigger to store you date (use Received Time as that'll be the time the email gets received by your Sent folder).  I also am adding in Subject when I tested this....

ccc333ab_1-1625842918537.png

3. My test I ran a few emails, some with the subject line of [Test- and some without. Only the ones with the [Test- came through: 

ccc333ab_2-1625843106698.png

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
ccc333ab
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

Not sure this will work for you but you could do the following:

1. Have your flow triggered from "When a new email arrives (V2)"

• Change Folder to "Sent Items" so it'll only run when you send an email 
  • Update your Subject Filter to something that will recognize these specific emails...but there must be something that is consistent between ALL of these types of emails. You mention you have a unique ID in the subject line so that won't work. 

In my example below, I am assuming all my emails will have a preface of "[Test-". So that way I know all of these emails will pertain to this task....and after the dash, I will use the unique number. So something like [Test-0001], [Test-0002], etc. Hopefully there is something in your subject line that you can use. 

ccc333ab_0-1625842791509.png

2. Now you can just use the data from this trigger to store you date (use Received Time as that'll be the time the email gets received by your Sent folder).  I also am adding in Subject when I tested this....

ccc333ab_1-1625842918537.png

3. My test I ran a few emails, some with the subject line of [Test- and some without. Only the ones with the [Test- came through: 

ccc333ab_2-1625843106698.png

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
MPA_User Group Leader_768x460.jpg

Manage your user group events

Check out the News & Announcements to learn more.

V3_PVA CAmpaign Carousel.png

Community Challenge - Giveaways!

Participate in the Power Virtual Agents Community Challenge

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

R2 (Green) 768 x 460px.png

Microsoft Dynamics 365 & Power Platform User Professionals

DynamicsCon is a FREE, 4 half-day virtual learning experience for 11,000+ Microsoft Business Application users and professionals.

Top Solution Authors
Users online (2,538)