cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Sammy
Level: Powered On

Flow to run on SharePoint page being published

Is it possible to trigger a Flow to send an email when it reads that a SharePoint page has been published? Currently I have it when a list item is modified, but this isn't really effective as it is sending multiple emails per page, due to the stages you need to actually publish it.

6 REPLIES 6
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: Flow to run on SharePoint page being published

Hi @ Sammy,

Could you please explain more about the "trigger a Flow to send an email when it reads that a SharePoint page has been published" that you mentioned?

Could you please share a screenshot of your flow?

Do you want to send an email with the modified item in your sharepoint list when an item is modified?

Or do you want to send an email with all items in your sharepoint list when an item is modified? 

Please share more details or your flow and your needs so we could provide a proper workaround for you.

Regards,
Alice Zhang

Sammy

Hi Alice,

I have a Flow which currently starts when a list item (in my case a page on SharePoint) if modified. What I want instead is the Flow to only run when the page Approval Status = Published.

I have attached a screenshot of what I currently have:

Powerapp.png

Thanks

Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @ Sammy,

Microsoft flow support to trigger a flow when an item is created or modified,

Triggering a flow base on a column value is equal to a specific value is not supported in microsoft flow currently.

If you want tthe flow to run only when the page is modified when the value in "Approval Status" column is equal to "Published",

I afraid that there is no way to achieve your needs in Microsoft Flow currently.

If you would like this feature to be added in Microsoft Flow, please submit an idea to Flow Ideas Forum:

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Flow-Ideas/idb-p/FlowIdeas

As an alternative way, you could add a condition under the trigger to check if the value in "Approval Status" column is equal to "Published", if the the value in "Approval Status" column is equal to "Published",add some actions to do something you want the flow to do, if the the value in "Approval Status" column isn't equal to "Published", do nothing.

Please let me know if your issue is soved.

Regards,
Alice Zhang

Sammy

Hi Alice,

Your alternative method is exactly what I'm trying to acheive. But when I add a condition in, "Approval Status" is not one of the options it brings up. How do I get the dynamic content to include "Approval Status"? I've attached a screenshot below:

Powerapp.png

Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @ Sammy,

Have you added  a "Approval Status" column in your sharepoint list?

If you have added  a choice type "Approval Status" column in your sharepoint list as below:

Capture.PNG

Capture.PNG

you could choose the "Approval Status value" dynamic content of the trigger as below:

Capture.PNG

Regards,
Alice Zhang

Sammy

Hi @v-yuazh-msft

This would work in some cases but it wouldn't work in cases where a page has been scheduled and automatically publishes itself which I need. The process you have given looks like the approval status would need to be manually changed to Approved, whereas I want it to be based on the SharePoint OOTB Approval Status field.

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

firstImage

Incoming: New and improved badges!

We've given our badges an overhaul and also added some brand new ones!

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

seventhimage

Webinars & Video Gallery

Watch & learn from the Power Automate Community Video Gallery!

Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (4,813)