cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
kohrt
Level: Powered On

Flow to run once per day to archive emails based on date, read status and flag status

I would like to set up a flow to auto-archive my email once per day. I would like it to only archive items that have been read and are not flagged. I also want to archive items based on year - 2019 in separate folder from 2020 etc.

I set up a Recurrence but am running into problems trying to use a flag status as a condition and I'm not sure if I am doing the Received Date and Time correctly. Does anyone already have something like this going? (I can't use the auto-archive feature of Outlook because I'm on an exchange server)

4 REPLIES 4
PowerBack19

Re: Flow to run once per day to archive emails based on date, read status and flag status

I just tested your parameters and there a few limitations that seem to be popping up.

First, you are limited to only retrieving up to 25 emails at a time using the "Get Emails" action under "Office 365". 

Second, I was able to retrieve emails user the "Search Query" of "received:this year" to pull the current year's emails. But, again, limited to 25 emails as a max.

Third, I noticed that the Flag status doesn't seem to be supported in the "Search Query". I was using the query of "followupflag:unflagged".

kohrt

Re: Flow to run once per day to archive emails based on date, read status and flag status

Yes, I know I'm limited to 25 which is unfortunate. I figure if I can overcome the flag status problem then I could have the flow run multiple times each night. 

Is there a better way to do this than using Flow? I just can't figure out how to make the flag status a supported function in there.

PowerBack19

I know this is off-topic, but have you looked into Office 365/Exchange policies to govern archiving of emails? 

Also, I know you can set up your local Outlook with auto-archive rules: https://support.office.com/en-us/article/archive-older-items-automatically-25f44f07-9b80-4107-841c-4...

Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @kohrt ,

Have your problem been solved?  If yes, please go ahead and mark the post as solved by clicking “Accept as Solution” so that this thread will be marked for other users to easily identify!

Best Regards,

Alice

Community Support Team _ Alice Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

firstImage

Incoming: New and improved badges!

We've given our badges an overhaul and also added some brand new ones!

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

seventhimage

Webinars & Video Gallery

Watch & learn from the Power Automate Community Video Gallery!

Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (4,662)