cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Flow to send an email reminder if a field has been on the same name for 48 hours

I have a list in SharePoint Online where there is a field called Assigned To. This field uses a people-picker and there is a workflow in place that sends the assigned to person an email when the field is set to their name.

In the event that the Assigned To field is sat with a single person for more than 48 hours, I need to be able to send a reminder email. However, I'm not sure how best to go about this. 

Basically, something along these lines:

If 'Assigned To' is equal to 'Assigned To' 48 hours ago, then send email

Repeat

Has anyone done anything like this before?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
jonathanmweaver
Advocate I
Advocate I

I don't believe there's a trigger for "Field hasn't changed", but my initial thought is you could include an Assigned Date/Time to compare against. Then you could run a Scheduled Flow using the Recurrence trigger to check daily/hourly, depending on how precisely you want to measure the 48 hours.

Flow 1: On Change - Filter Assigned To changed, set Assigned Date to utc(Now)

Flow 2: Scheduled - Recurrence every day at 12:00am and 12:00pm, If Assigned Date lt utcNow - 48 hour, send email.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If this post answers your question, please mark as Solved so others may find the answer more quickly.

If you like this reply, please click the Thumbs Up button.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
jonathanmweaver
Advocate I
Advocate I

I don't believe there's a trigger for "Field hasn't changed", but my initial thought is you could include an Assigned Date/Time to compare against. Then you could run a Scheduled Flow using the Recurrence trigger to check daily/hourly, depending on how precisely you want to measure the 48 hours.

Flow 1: On Change - Filter Assigned To changed, set Assigned Date to utc(Now)

Flow 2: Scheduled - Recurrence every day at 12:00am and 12:00pm, If Assigned Date lt utcNow - 48 hour, send email.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If this post answers your question, please mark as Solved so others may find the answer more quickly.

If you like this reply, please click the Thumbs Up button.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Automate News & Announcements

Power Automate News & Announcements

Keep up to date with current events and community announcements in the Power Automate community.

Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Join us in Las Vegas to experience community, incredible learning opportunities, and connections that will help grow skills, know-how, and more.

Power Automate Community Blog

Power Automate Community Blog

Check out the latest Community Blog from the community!

Users online (4,224)