cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Anonymous
Not applicable

Flow to send daily cases report

I  have a flow that runs every day at 11 am, it registers the data from dynamics account entity, the flow lists all the customer data and create a HTML table, after the table is created, the flow shoud send the HTML table as an outlook email. 

the problem is that when the email is received, the client column displays GEO ID code instead of the client name, the rest of columns are correct.

Does anyone know what might be happening?genessis.PNGcust.PNGhtml table.PNG

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: Flow to send daily cases report

Hi @Anonymous ,

You need to be clear from which entity you can get the lookup column value.

Then you can use Get record directly to get the client name you need.

For example, generally, we cannot get the Owner name directly from the Account entity, we need to get the name from the Users entity.

So we need to use the following configuration to accomplish similar requirements.

Use array variables to store the data that needs to be presented in the table. Append fields to be displayed in the table in JSON format.

Image reference:

70.PNG71.PNG

Please refer to the above method to configure Flow and feel free to let us know if you have any questions.

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _ Barry
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Dual Super User
Dual Super User

Hi @Anonymous 

In the entity the records that you have shown seem to be lookups. So if the client is a contact or an account based lookup, you need to add an action to get record and then pass that id that you have in the table as a record identifier to get that particular contact/ account details and then extract the name from the dynamic content of the output of this get record action. 

Hope this Helps!

If this reply has answered your question or solved your issue, please mark this question as answered. Answered questions helps users in the future who may have the same issue or question quickly find a resolution via search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up. THANKS!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello, thanks for the answer, could you please give me an example of that? I could not get this "then pass that id that you have in the table as a record identifier to get that particular contact/ account details and then extract the name from the dynamic content of the output of this get record action.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello, I've built this one, I wonder if this is what you mentioned, (I have used different values just to be brief) Please let me know if this structure might helpgen123.png

Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @Anonymous ,

You need to be clear from which entity you can get the lookup column value.

Then you can use Get record directly to get the client name you need.

For example, generally, we cannot get the Owner name directly from the Account entity, we need to get the name from the Users entity.

So we need to use the following configuration to accomplish similar requirements.

Use array variables to store the data that needs to be presented in the table. Append fields to be displayed in the table in JSON format.

Image reference:

70.PNG71.PNG

Please refer to the above method to configure Flow and feel free to let us know if you have any questions.

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _ Barry
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

Better Together Contest Finalists Announced!

Congrats to the finalists of our ‘Better Together’-themed T-shirt design contest! Click for the top entries.

firstImage

Incoming: New and improved badges!

Look out for new contribution recognition badges coming SOON!

firstImage

New & Improved Power Automate Community Cookbook

We've updated and improved the layout and uploading format of the Power Automate Cookbook!

thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Community Summit North America

The top training and networking event across the globe for Microsoft Business Applications

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (7,585)