cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JimF0
Frequent Visitor

Flow to send user email if any records with their name in are modified or created

Hi All,

Been learning Powerapps and have successfully been able to create a scheduling tool for my team to use, but one ask from my manager was if there was a way to automate an email notification when a record is modified or created for a user.

So the schedule is stored in a SP List called 'Rota' the fields in the list are the following:

Title; Date; Full Name; Project; Task; Location

I know that flows offers capabilities to do these logical processes but i'm struggling to find and learn the parts I need to get what I want to do to work, so any help, tips, starting points or even just a 'That wont work' would be appreciated.

I effectively need a flow to start with Reoccurrence (1 Hour), to look at the records in the 'Rota' list evaluate if any records for say User 'Bob' have been created or modified from the 'Full name' item (and yes this name matches the User().Fullname as I use it in the app), then if it has send a single email to that user to say updates have been made.

I am aware I may need multiple versions of this for each user I want to send an email to, I think.

Thoughts, is it possible?

2 REPLIES 2
ppp345678
Helper III
Helper III

Check this article to get the method to monitor the change of field:

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Power-Automate-Community-Blog/Check-for-a-Change-in-a-SharePoint...

JimF0
Frequent Visitor

Thanks useful article, Since posting i've done more exploring.

I can get the if a record is modified or created part down to fire off an email or trams message.

The part I want to understand if its possible is, if 20 records were created for the User name in the 'Full Name' column is there a way for a flow to evaluate that in the last hour or any set time 20 changes were made so for the name of the user send a single email informing them of record changes.

Currently I can get to if any record is created or modified/ a specific column then send an email, but then generates 20 emails! (My team will hate me if I fill their inboxes up!

Helpful resources

Announcements
MPA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

MBAS on Demand

Microsoft Business Applications Summit sessions

On-demand access to all the great content presented by the product teams and community members! #MSBizAppsSummit #CommunityRocks

MBAS Attendee Badge

Claim Your Badge & Digital Swag!

Check out how to claim yours today!

secondImage

Are Your Ready?

Test your skills now with the Cloud Skill Challenge.

Top Solution Authors
Users online (46,791)