cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
BeeSP1
Frequent Visitor

Flow to split out Multiple Choice Form Answers into Separate Columns in a SharePoint List

Hello,

I have a form that will be used to request system changes and there is a multiple choice question asking which area is impacted, there are 5 specific answers to choose from plus an 'Other'

I need to be able to split these answers out into separate columns so that I can then use these answers to trigger an alert to the relevant product owner and tech lead. 

I've tried a lot of different ways of getting this to work but none of the solutions I've found seem to apply to my specific example because of the 'Other' response which could contain anything.

Is there a way to do this?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
BeeSP1
Frequent Visitor

Hey,

I did but it didn't quite work as expected (or I couldn't get it to).

What I've actually done is used an if function in compose for each option and it's given me what I need. It's not quite as dynamic as I'd intended but it does what I need it to.

Just in case anybody else is interested:

BeeSP1_0-1639062984747.png

the first one is the compose named 'payroll' 

if(contains(outputs('Get_response_details')?['body/r5bea780f756e405da08519ea1377963f'],'Payroll'),'Payroll','')

I then created one respectively for each possible outcome and used the compose as the output for each of the columns in my list

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
efialttes
Super User
Super User

Hi!

Have you already tried to convert your multichoice response into an array? You can do it by means of json() wdl function and assigning your response as its parameter... but unsure if this matches your requirements

Hope this makes sense

Each time you click on any of our inspiring answers 'Thumb up' icon...
...an ewok scapes from the stormtroopers.

Be grateful, Thumbs up! Save the Galaxy for free!

Escribo sobre Power Automate en:
https://medium.com/anyone-can-automate/

Proud to be a Flownaut!

BeeSP1
Frequent Visitor

Hey,

I did but it didn't quite work as expected (or I couldn't get it to).

What I've actually done is used an if function in compose for each option and it's given me what I need. It's not quite as dynamic as I'd intended but it does what I need it to.

Just in case anybody else is interested:

BeeSP1_0-1639062984747.png

the first one is the compose named 'payroll' 

if(contains(outputs('Get_response_details')?['body/r5bea780f756e405da08519ea1377963f'],'Payroll'),'Payroll','')

I then created one respectively for each possible outcome and used the compose as the output for each of the columns in my list

Helpful resources

Announcements
MPA Virtual Workshop Carousel 768x460.png

Register for a Free Workshop

Learn to digitize and optimize business processes and connect all your applications to share data in real time.

Microsoft Build 768x460.png

Microsoft Build is May 24-26. Have you registered yet?

Come together to explore latest innovations in code and application development—and gain insights from experts from around the world.

May UG Leader Call Carousel 768x460.png

What difference can a User Group make for you?

At the monthly call, connect with other leaders and find out how community makes your experience even better.

PA Survey Carousel Image.png

We want to hear from you!

If you are a small business ISV/Reseller, share your thoughts with our research team.

Users online (1,330)