cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
EmmaWatt
Level: Powered On

Flow to sum a group of list items and copy/update total to a column in another list linked to the Employee

Hi I am new to builing flows and have been trying to get a sum of a group total to be added in a column in another list when a new item is created.

Linked by the EmployeeName on both lists.

Holiday Approved List.JPGWhen item is created sum days booked by EmployeeHoliday Entitlement List.JPGCopy the grouped sum by employee to TotalHolidayBooked Column

So what I need in Holiday Entitlement List is the figure of what I can get in the Holiday Approved list as a View with group sum.

Eg. Employee 1 has booked 5 days in Approved list and this total of 5 needs to be added in the Entitlement list for TotalHolidayBooked in the row for Employee 1.

Can anyone help?

Thanks in advance

Emma

3 REPLIES 3
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: Flow to sum a group of list items and copy/update total to a column in another list linked to the Employee

Hi @EmmaWatt ,

I assume that you are using EmployeeName as a grouping criterion and then calculate the sum of the groups in Holiday Approved List.

You could configure your Flow by referring to the following method.

• Get all the EmployeeName by variable and then remove the duplicate values.
  • Iterate through all the EmplyeeName, get the corresponding Employee's Booked Days through Filter Query, and use the Increment variable to sum.
  • Use Get items action again to get the item corresponding to Employee in Holiday Entitlement list, and then update the value of TotalHolidayBooked field.

Please take a try.

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _ Barry
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
EmmaWatt

Re: Flow to sum a group of list items and copy/update total to a column in another list linked to the Employee

Hi Barry,

Thank you so much for the help, but I cant get the dynamic "Current Item" in the Get Items 3 ? Am I missing a step ?

Best regards

Emma

No Current Item for get items 3.PNG1.PNG2.PNG3.PNG4.PNG5.PNG

EmmaWatt

Hi Barry,

Thank you so much for the help, but I cant get the dynamic "Current Item" in the Get Items 3 ? Am I missing a step ?

Best regards

Emma

No Current Item for get items 3.PNG1.PNG2.PNG3.PNG4.PNG5.PNG

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

firstImage

Incoming: New and improved badges!

We've given our badges an overhaul and also added some brand new ones!

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

seventhimage

Webinars & Video Gallery

Watch & learn from the Power Automate Community Video Gallery!

Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (4,684)