cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rmcintyre14
Regular Visitor

Flow to trigger an email notification when SharePoint field changes

I've been trying to create a custom flow that will trigger an email from a SharePoint list. I have one column (calculated) that has the number of days until a particular document expires. The idea is that when that number is <30, an email will be sent to a mailing list as a reminder. I've tried using templates and the sticking part is getting the flow to only work on a specific column within the list. We're using Office 365. image.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi @rmcintyre14 ,

Please save the Days dynamic content inside a Compose, and refer to screenshot below to create the expression inside the Condition:

1.png

int(outputs('Compose'))

Best Regards,

Alice

Community Support Team _ Alice Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
ChristianAbata
Super User
Super User

hi @rmcintyre14 what to need to do us create an action after your trigger named: get item, this action is going to help you to get the values in the current record.

Did I answer your question? Please consider to Mark
my post as a solution! to guide others :winking_face:

Proud to be a Flownaut!

If you want you can follow me at www.christianabata.com Quieres contenido en español? Síguenos en Power Automate LA

Hi @ChristianAbata thanks for your reply - I tested the flow and got the following error. The criterion I would like to use is "less than or equal to 30" - I used the 'lessOrEquals' function. The error says something about needing 2 parameters of a matching type? The column I am looking at is a calculated column with whole number outputs, if that helps. Any assistance would be great!sharepoint flow 2.png

hi @rmcintyre14  please follow this example

condit.PNG

Proud to be a Flownaut!

If you want you can follow me at www.christianabata.com Quieres contenido en español? Síguenos en Power Automate LA

Hi @ChristianAbata I had to change it to a scheduled flow, since the end recipient only wants one notification per day. Here is the flow in its current format. I keep getting the error that says the output 'value' from the 'Get Item' step doesn't match the criteria in the Condition step. Getting pretty discouraged.. it shouldn't be this hard! sharepoint flow 3.pngsharepoint flow 4.pngsharepoint flow 5.png

hi @rmcintyre14  to use the column values please create a compose action and inside add the column name. then use the output compose to do your comparations.

Proud to be a Flownaut!

Hi @rmcintyre14 ,

Please save the Days dynamic content inside a Compose, and refer to screenshot below to create the expression inside the Condition:

1.png

int(outputs('Compose'))

Best Regards,

Alice

Community Support Team _ Alice Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

Thank you so much @v-alzhan-msft ! This worked perfectly. I hope it can help others as well. 🙂

Hi @v-alzhan-msft, sorry one more question - how would this flow need to be modified for a library instead of a list? We apparently have both and would need a similar flow for the library. I'm assuming it would be something with 'get file properties'? 

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

M365 768x460.jpg

Microsoft 365 Collaboration Conference | December 7–9, 2021

Join us, in-person, December 7–9 in Las Vegas, for the largest gathering of the Microsoft community in the world.

Users online (1,716)