cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
egardecki
Frequent Visitor

Flow to trigger another flow to collect Form responses

Hello,

I am trying to automate something that doesn't seem to have a way to do so but I wanted to see if anyone had any ideas or workarounds.

I have a large Flow that, among many things, has the url for a Form that was created (MS Forms).  What I would like to do is use that url and start another Flow to collect the response of that Form and do something with them.  We do not want to have to create the Flow, to collect responses, manually.  There would be many Forms and therefore a lot of manual work. 

Since the url is obtainable, my hope is that via the "starter" Flow, we could trigger another Flow, pass over the url and any other needed data.  The issue I'm finding is that the only way to trigger another flow seems to be via HTTP call and receive, but receive is a trigger and I need the trigger to be "when a Form response is submitted". 

So how would I pass the Form url/ID to that specific trigger?  Is there another way to accomplish the same thing?

If there was a way to create a new Form within Flow, that would probably help as well but there is no action for that.

I'm sure I have many other issues to overcome with this too.  Like, how would I get the response fields if I can't connect to a response in Flow because that Form doesn't actually exist yet? (we would be feeding the url/ID to Flow after the form is created)

Any suggestions?

Thanks!

2 REPLIES 2
Yeiner
Community Support
Community Support

Hello @egardecki not sure if this can be done but there is an option call child flow. I did not test it but this a suggestion that you can try. 

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-automate/create-child-flows

egardecki
Frequent Visitor

The child flows won't work because the trigger for the child flows is such that they accept the incoming call from the parent.  I need the trigger to be the one that runs on a new response in Forms.  Like say a way to have one trigger after another trigger.

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

M365 768x460.jpg

Microsoft 365 Collaboration Conference | December 7–9, 2021

Join us, in-person, December 7–9 in Las Vegas, for the largest gathering of the Microsoft community in the world.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (1,456)