ZippMT
Frequent Visitor

Flow to update Sharepoint library properties from Excel table

Hi! having some trouble please help! 

I have an excel table : 

Screenshot 2020-10-05 at 4.20.26 PM.png

and a sharepoint library. 

Screenshot 2020-10-05 at 3.27.48 PM.png

I'm trying to create a flow to update my sharepoint file properties with data from the excel file - namely - Company, Description, AmtwGST and Paid. I want the flow to look up the Name column in excel, match that with the same Name in my sharepoint library, and then update the file properties from that row in excel to the matching row in sharepoint. 

Currently what i have is this: 

Screenshot 2020-10-05 at 3.28.33 PM.png

Right now,  I get the same data updated in all my sharepoint rows: see below - same info has been updated on each row. Screenshot 2020-10-05 at 3.27.48 PM.png

What must I do so that it will update the data in the matching row from my excel table? Is the problem with my *ID field??

Screenshot 2020-10-05 at 3.28.55 PM.png

Thank you really appreciate the help

3 REPLIES 3
sudharsan1985
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

Hi @ZippMT 

Try to use the Filter Query property from the Get files (properties only) action. Use the condition like below

NameField eq 'value to check'

This will return only the items that match your name from the excel.

Hope it helps, please like it or mark it as a solution if it resolves your clarification or issue
-Sudharsan K...

Hi 

Thanks for your help @sudharsan1985 , I tried using Filter query as you suggested, but it returned an error to me - saying it was invalid. 

My current flow works - as in it runs successfully - only thing is instead of filling up the data from the row with the matching name from the excel sheet, i.e. I want sharepoint row with testdata.pdf to be filled with A, Purchase Tools, $10.70, and row for testdata-2.pdf to be filled with B, electricity, $11.77 - instead of - as it is now, being all filled with data from testdata-3.pdf

Screenshot 2020-10-05 at 3.26.47 PM.png

Screenshot 2020-10-05 at 3.27.48 PM.png

is there something i can change to make it do what i need it to please? 

Screenshot 2020-10-05 at 3.28.55 PM.png

Did you find a solution for this? I have the same requirement. I need to upload a document and then fill in the metadata from an excel file for each document. Then go to the next document.
Or I can upload all the documents first and then update the properties which is what you needed I think.

Each document name will be unique.

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

M365 768x460.jpg

Microsoft 365 Collaboration Conference | December 7–9, 2021

Join us, in-person, December 7–9 in Las Vegas, for the largest gathering of the Microsoft community in the world.

Top Solution Authors
Users online (2,454)