cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
jkeckard007
Level: Powered On

Flow to update Sharepoint list on completion of Planner Task

I have a MS Flow that runs when a Planner Task updates.  It is suppose to get the items from a Sharepoint list with the same Title as the Title from the Planner task.  However when it does the filter it does not return any values yet I know the item exist in the sharepoint list.  Can some one help. See screen shot.

Flow1.PNG

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
jkeckard007

Re: Flow to update Sharepoint list on completion of Planner Task

I finally got this working using a Filter the Array action. I filtered the SharePoint list down to items not Complete then filtered the array by the title.

Thanks

Jennifer

7 REPLIES 7
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @jkeckard007,

Could you share all the screenshots of your Flow configuration?

I am not sure what your trigger configuration is. Planner-related triggers are only created, assigned, completed, and there seems to be no updated.

In addition, you could configure the "value Title" directly in Filter Query without setting variables.

8.PNG

I did a test on my side, like expected, got the same Title item. In addition, I used your method and was able to get the same Title item.

You could resolve the problem from these aspects:

1.After Flow runs, look at the conditions in Get items-Filter Query, and then see if the list actually contains the same title item.

9.PNG

2 .Or try to configure the "value Title" directly in Filter Query.

Please take a try and feel free let me if issue still exists.

Best Regards,

Barry

Community Support Team _ Barry
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
jkeckard007

I actually have two flows ones that is on when the item is created that creates the task from a sharepoint list and makes a planner task.

FlowA.JPG

So I know the item exists in the Sharepoint List.  Then another flow that updates the sharepoint list when the item is complete in Planner this is the one I am having the issue with.

Flow B

FlowB.JPG

Respectfully

Jennifer

Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @jkeckard007,

Are you still experiencing the same issue when trying to configure "value Title" directly in Filter Query?

Have you exported the specific configuration of Filter Query?

I did a lot of testing on my side and still can't reproduce the problem you mentioned.

Please let me know if you need further assistance.

Best Regards,

Barry

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
jkeckard007

Yes I am still experience this I am not sure what you mean by export but I assume you want to see the output of the filter.  Here it is.  A empty result.

I have tried it by setting Title as a variable as well and it is the same result.  I even tried based on a different planner same result.

Filter.JPG

Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @jkeckard007,

What I mean is to see what the Get item-Filter Query specifically outputs after Flow is run.

Or what is the value of "value Title" here, and then go to the SharePoint list to see if there is an item with the same Title.

44.PNG

Or you could use Filter Array and use the output of Get items. Get items does not need to be configured with Filter Query.

45.PNG

Use Get item and configure the ID of the item obtained from the Filter Array.

Configure Update item, use the ID output by Get Item, the field to be updated is configured using the output of the trigger, and the field that does not need to be updated is configured using the output of Get item.

Note: The Dynamic content configured in "Apply to each" is only selected from the options output from Get item or trigger.

46.PNG

Please take a try.

Best Regards,

Barry

jkeckard007

No matter which way I try the array is coming back empty when I filter on the Title  Which is the issue.  I know there is an item with the same title because I create a Item in the list that then creates a Planner Task with the same title.  I even tried using the Planner ID and the array still returns empty. I have other qury that work just fine I am not sure what I am doing wrong with this one.

Querry.JPGquery2.JPG

jkeckard007

I finally got this working using a Filter the Array action. I filtered the SharePoint list down to items not Complete then filtered the array by the title.

Thanks

Jennifer

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

Watch Sessions On Demand!

Continue your learning in our online communities.

Power Platform 2019 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform 2019 Release Wave 2 Plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

thirdimage

Flow Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

thirdImage

New Flow Community Board!

Check out the new Microsoft Flow Community Blog Topic Suggestion board!

fourthImage

Australia Summit

Travel to Melbourne and network with thousands of peers!

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

seventhimage

Webinars & Video Gallery

Watch & learn from the Flow Community Video Gallery!

Top Kudoed Authors
Users Online
Currently online: 53 members 4,530 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: