cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mikeakaleroy

Flow to update manager field with a required combo box present

OK, so I've seen this question a few different places, and there seem to be a bunch of half answers that don't really do exactly what I want them to do, so I made a simple test list to try to find an answer.

I have a list with 3 fields that takes input for Who is ordering, and what items they are ordering (this is a checkbox list so multiple items can be selected: 

mikeakaleroy_0-1630688063943.png

All I want is a flow that will update the ManagerofOrderingEmployee Field with the actual manager of the person entered into the EmployeeOrdering field, so I created a simple flow for it to run when a new item is created:

mikeakaleroy_1-1630688357538.png

When run with multiple options selected in the OrderedItems field, I get this result:

mikeakaleroy_2-1630688488272.png

I'd read other places that you want to choose the, in my case, OrderedItems.Value field, so I updated my workflow to that, and received this instead, which only shows the last item in the OrderedItems field that I had selected:

mikeakaleroy_3-1630688600100.png

There has got to be a way to do this, right? What am I missing?

1 REPLY 1
ekarim2020
Community Champion
Community Champion

For the update action, only the required fields need to be entered; you don't need to update the OrderedItems:

ekarim2020_1-1631051045813.png

Ellis

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

M365 768x460.jpg

Microsoft 365 Collaboration Conference | December 7–9, 2021

Join us, in-person, December 7–9 in Las Vegas, for the largest gathering of the Microsoft community in the world.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (1,314)