Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Anonymous
Not applicable

Flow transfer only new rows from excel table to sharepoint

Hello, 

I would like to have a Flow to update new rows from an online excel to sharepoint. I have lines being added to an online excel file and I would like only these rows to the sharepoint list.

I tried to add an 'Excel get rows' and a 'sharepoint get items' and a condition, with an 'apply to each' for the 'Excel get rows' and a second 'apply to each' for the 'sharepoint get item' and inside the second 'apply to each' a IDexcel not equal to IDsharepoint then do a 'sharepoint create item' action.
This approach seems to be slow and do not create the desired result. I also need the Flow to add as many records on the sharepoint list as the newly added rows.

If I copy all the excel rows everytime I need to update the sharepoint list, how do I avoid generating duplicates?

Is there a better trigger for Excel that is not 'when a file is modified'?

Thanks for the help. 

4 REPLIES 4
ictmusings
Level: Powered On

Re: Flow transfer only new row from excel table to sharepoint

Hello,

As far as I know there is only one real trigger for Excel, and that is the selected row trigger. I do suspect it would be easy to set up a flow that transfers a selected row from Excel to a SharePoint list. Maybe this is worth considering?

But there is currently no trigger for new rows added to an Excel file.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello @ictmusings,

Thanks for your input. I thought about that too, and seems a good solution. My users however will likely have multiple rows to input so I ma want to consider this option at a later stage. Thanks.

Anonymous
Not applicable

With this flow, I just get the entire table repeated in the sharepoint list for the number of rows in the table itself. I only need the newly added rows. 

Capture.JPG

Anonymous
Not applicable

The following simple Flow will do the job in a sense of adding new lines by replacing the old Sharepoint List with a new one based on the actual Excel table. I have another flow downstream of this one to notify users of items being assigned to them and they will receive the same notification over and over again everytime a new table is created. 

Any suggestions welcome. Thanks.

Capture.JPG

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

firstImage

Incoming: New and improved badges!

We've given our badges an overhaul and also added some brand new ones!

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

seventhimage

Webinars & Video Gallery

Watch & learn from the Power Automate Community Video Gallery!

Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (5,390)