cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
EdHans
Level 8

Flow trigger a notification in Teams?

I have built a Flow that will post a message in Teams if based on a trigger from Power BI. The problem is it just posts the message and there is no alert/notification - like you'd get if you manually typed it with @Team or @PersonName. Any idea how do do that? There don't seem to be any options in the Team settings for a flow to trigger a notification that I can see. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
douglasromao
Level 8

Re: Flow trigger a notification in Teams?

That´s right! We are hope that will be much more possibilities in the Flow integration with Microsoft teams too.

I just posted to Flow Ideas discussion an idea with this action:

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Flow-Ideas/Microsoft-Teams-notification-when-post-on-channel/idi...

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
douglasromao
Level 8

Hi @EdHans!

Let me see if I understand your need:

You want to get a notification when the message is posted to Teams, is that right?

EdHans
Level 8

Yes. Right now the message appears, but it appears "silently" - meaning it just shows up because there is no @team or @personname in it to trigger a notification either for all team members or a specific team member.

So the only way someone sees it is to go to the Conversation view in that team and that channel, and look for it, which would only happen by coincidence and defeat the purpose of the alerting mechanism of the flow.

douglasromao
Level 8

Yeah, unfortunately I think that there isn´t notification default for Microsoft Teams post (We can create this as a suggestion in Flow Ideas).

I will try some workarounds to help you to send this notification and update this post with the results ok?

EdHans
Level 8

well, my alternative is to just change the flow to use email, which does work. I was just hoping to contain this within teams. It does say the Teams integration for Flow is in preview, so hopefully this gets added. Silent posts (i.e. no notifications generated) don't do much good in a company with 30+ teams and well over 100 active channels.

douglasromao
Level 8

That´s right! We are hope that will be much more possibilities in the Flow integration with Microsoft teams too.

I just posted to Flow Ideas discussion an idea with this action:

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Flow-Ideas/Microsoft-Teams-notification-when-post-on-channel/idi...

View solution in original post

EdHans
Level 8

Thanks. Voted!

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

firstImage

Incoming: New and improved badges!

We've given our badges an overhaul and also added some brand new ones!

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

seventhimage

Webinars & Video Gallery

Watch & learn from the Power Automate Community Video Gallery!

Top Kudoed Authors
Users Online
Currently online: 258 members 2,283 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: