cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Boppersnr
Helper III
Helper III

Flow trigger when a multiple user field is updated in a SharePoint Library

I have a SharePoint Library (Quality Document Library) that has a multiple user field called TrainingRequirements. This sharepoint library holds training documents and metadata describing the training doc and who needs to do the training.

I want to create a flow that runs when that user field (TrainingRequirements) in that SP library is added to or changed.

The flow will copy the new/updated TrainingRequirements (multiple user) field contents into a new item (s) in a SharePoint List (My Training) field called AssignedTo (not a multiple entry field). so if there is more than 1 user in the TrainingRequirements field, the flow needs to see that and create another new item in the My Training SP list.

The new item will also pull in the Name field from the Quality Document Library. So now this new item in the My Training list will have the name of the training and the user (s) assigned to the training.

Would anyone know how I can write that flow? I was thinking of using a trigger condition to start the flow but thats as far as I got.

Here is the TrainingRequirements field in the Quality Document Library:

Boppersnr_0-1643276709281.png

Here is the MyTraining List that needs the AssignedTo and Title field to be populated when the Quality Document Library/TrainingRequirements field is populated or changed.

Quality Document Library/TrainingRequirements -> creates New Item in MyTraining/AssignedTo

Quality Document Library/Name -> Creates New Item in MyTraining/Title

Boppersnr_1-1643276758912.png

2 REPLIES 2
v-jefferni
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Boppersnr ,

It is simple to check if a column is modified in a library, please refer to below blog:

Using version history to avoid duplicate approval tasks in Power Automate (tomriha.com)

However, I would say your logic will be a little complicated for checking the item in the list. You will need to check in the list based on Title and AssignedTo columns if an assigned to person in the library is already in there, if not then you will create a new item for that person. So an array is need to store the modified person names from in the library. For each of the array as well as Title column value to check in the list.

Hope this helps.

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Jeffer Ni
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it.

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Jeffer Ni
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it.

Thanks. I'll need to read into this more. I reckon you are right that my logic is complicated. I would love to think it was simpler. It sounds simple but when I start looking at ways to do it in flow, I am finding it very complicated.

I just want to copy a multiple user field from one SharePoint library into separate new lists in a SharePoint lists. doesn't sound hard when you say it like that.

Helpful resources

Announcements
MPA Virtual Workshop Carousel 768x460.png

Register for a Free Workshop

Learn to digitize and optimize business processes and connect all your applications to share data in real time.

Power automate tips 768x460 v2.png

Restore a Deleted Flow

Did you know that you could restore a deleted flow? Check out this helpful article.

Microsoft Build 768x460.png

Microsoft Build is May 24-26. Have you registered yet?

Come together to explore latest innovations in code and application development—and gain insights from experts from around the world.

May UG Leader Call Carousel 768x460.png

What difference can a User Group make for you?

At the monthly call, connect with other leaders and find out how community makes your experience even better.

Users online (2,890)