Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
HowlingWolf
Level: Powered On

Flow trigger when new post or note created in Opportunity - Dynamics 365

Hi,

I am trying to figure out a way to create push notification when the post or note is created inside the Opportunity record - Dynamics CRM 365. For some reason I can get to create trigger that would push the notification. 

Did anyone here try the same flow?

Thanks in advance

2 REPLIES 2
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: Flow trigger when new post or note created in Opportunity - Dynamics 365

Hi @HowlingWolf,

Do you want to send a push notification when a post or note of a record in entity Opportunities updated?

I have made a test on my side using the trigger When a record is updated, then the action Send me a mobile push notification. When I updated the post or note, it seemed that the flow won’t be triggered. However, when I tested with Topic, the flow was triggered properly.

Besides, there is no dynamic content for note and post from the trigger, I am afraid that the post and note have not been supported by this trigger.

If you need this feature, please submit a request on the Flow Ideas Forum at here:

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Flow-Ideas/idb-p/FlowIdeas

Best regards,

Mabel Mao

Community Support Team _ Mabel Mao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
HowlingWolf
Level: Powered On

Re: Flow trigger when new post or note created in Opportunity - Dynamics 365

Thanks Mabel

I was testing both - Posts and Notes. Notes are working fine, but it’s not applicable in my organisational setup as they can’t be used in relation to a particular entity (i.e. Opportunity) and the fact that we are trying to use the feature as a chat between the manager and staff. Having said that there is a Dynamics 365 trigger that enables us to use "PostRegarding" and the trigger looks more appropriate to what we are trying to achieve. The issue at the moment is that it requires for "change tracking" on the entity to be enabled in Dynamics 365, and that I can’t see the entity in my entity list (but its definitely there - maybe just not accessible from the user side - we run Dynamics 365 online). 

I was thinking of getting in touch with Microsoft and check with them.

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

firstImage

Incoming: New and improved badges!

We've given our badges an overhaul and also added some brand new ones!

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

seventhimage

Webinars & Video Gallery

Watch & learn from the Power Automate Community Video Gallery!

Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (4,516)