cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Flow triggered by adding new items into a sub-folder of a library

Hey fellas,

I would like to create a Flow to trigger the event when a new item has been added into a sub-folder of SharePoint Online.

But, my condition is a little bit of complex, I just want the Flow only being triggered when I add an item into the sub-folder of a library. Just imaging in this situation, there is a library called "Documents" in SharePoint Online, and I created few sub-folders under this library, like Analysis, Developments, and Tests, etc. Now, I only want to trigger my Flow when a new item has been added into the Analysis folder. So, the Flow should not be triggered if new items have been added into either Developments or Tests folder.

I can't find the appropriate steps of doing this from Flow, any ideas? 

Thanks

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Re: Flow triggered by adding new items into a sub-folder of a library

Hi @CalvinFeng,

This is quite easy to achieve, just remember to pick to the subfolder when you create the trigger. See in the "SharePoint - when a file is created in a folder" of "Folder id" field, navigate and pick the subfolder. 

Capture.PNG

Regards,

Mona

Community Support Team _ Mona Li
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Highlighted
Microsoft
Microsoft

Hi Mona,

In the example provided by you will work if the file was dropped in to that sub-folder. But if we drop a file in to any other sub-folders in that Document library it will not work...  This provided solution makes us to duplicate the Flow pointing to each of the Sub-folders which is going to be complex if there are number of sub-folders.

Instead we want to have a single Flow created and configured at root level of Document Library and it should process the file dropped in any sub-folders. Is there any such trigger available which can be used for this scenario....

Thanks,

Venu Madhav Deevi

Highlighted
Helper I
Helper I

Did you find any solution . If you find any solution could you please post the solution here even i am facing this kind of issue.

Thanks in advance

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

firstImage

Join the new Power Virtual Agents Community!

We are excited to announce the launch of Power Virtual Agents Community. Check it out now!

firstImage

New & Improved Power Automate Community Cookbook

We've updated and improved the layout and uploading format of the Power Automate Cookbook!

thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (9,124)