cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
TravisSynergy

Flow triggered when a form question #7 is answered no

Hello, 

I have all  patients fill out the same Microsoft form on entrance into our facility.  Questions 1-6 are about their visit why they are here, etc... Question 7 is "Have you filled out our Demographics Information"  Well at his point is where the Patient hits no, the form continues and after they submit the form, flow automates and adds a contact to People, Prints out all the proper forms already filled out for the patient to sign, etc... 

Well if they press yes, the form submits and the same thing happens just with no information because the form ends after they press yes.  How do I get the flow to only run when question #7 in the form is no.  

Hope I explained well.... 

Thanks in advance

Travis

2 REPLIES 2
ScottShearer
Super User
Super User

@TravisSynergy 

You can't trigger a Flow only when a certain question has been answered/not answered in a certain way.

You exit the Flow using a control terminate action if a questions has been answered in certain way.  You would use a condition and add the control terminate action where appropriate.

If I have answered your question, please mark your post as Solved.
If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.

Scott
v-bacao-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @TravisSynergy ,

Basically, we use When a new response is submitted to monitor if there is any response has been submitted, but the output of this trigger does not contain the details of the response.

We should use Get response details action to get the details, so we could not set trigger conditions in this trigger.

As an alternative workaround, we could use Condition to check if the answer question #7 is no, if yes, perform the following actions in if yes branch; if no, do nothing. Like:

51.PNG

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _ Barry
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
MPA_User Group Leader_768x460.jpg

Manage your user group events

Check out the News & Announcements to learn more.

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

Welcome Super Users.jpg

Super User Season 2

Congratulations, the new Super User Season 2 for 2021 has started!

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

Top Solution Authors
Users online (1,553)