cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jfmcinerney
Frequent Visitor

Flow triggered with email received by one (and only one) email address

Happy Tuesday to all ('cause it ain't Monday anymore!)...

I need to build a Get Emails (V3) flow that triggers when the To has one and only one email address. No other addresses or CCs.

I assume I have to create an expression that counts the items in the To and CC collections but how would I reference them? Or is there some stupidly simple solution that I'm just overlooking?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
gazzo1967
Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

@jfmcinerney 
you need to use a conditional statement.
After your Get Emails

i use an apply to each first with the value being from my get emails then you can use a condition to carry out you action..

gazzo1967_0-1603211235130.png

If you share abit more on what you want to achieve i maybe able to give you more help

Regards Gary

If my answer helps feel free to mark it accepted so it may help others (ps Kudos is nice too  :P)

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
gazzo1967
Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

@jfmcinerney 
you need to use a conditional statement.
After your Get Emails

i use an apply to each first with the value being from my get emails then you can use a condition to carry out you action..

gazzo1967_0-1603211235130.png

If you share abit more on what you want to achieve i maybe able to give you more help

Regards Gary

If my answer helps feel free to mark it accepted so it may help others (ps Kudos is nice too  :P)

Awesome! This solves my immediate problem.

Here's the full story, if you're interested...

In my small company, clients will email us with time-sensitive requests. BUT...if they email only one person and, for whatever reason, that one person doesn't open the email, then this time-sensitive request is now left hanging. 

So, my Flow runs every, say, 4 hours and checks everyone's Inbox for emails that match the below criteria. If all match, then the original email gets forwarded to the others, prepended with something like [NOTE: this email may have been overlooked].

The criteria:

UnreadGot this

(Current time - received time) => 2 hours

Got this

TO: = one recipient (and CC is empty)

You've pointed the way for me to solve this

currently, the list is just hardcoded in the Flow but really need it to point to a dynamic list stored somewhere...

COUNTER < 1 

have to ensure only one reminder email gets sent (that's all that's needed). Not sure where to store this variable...
gazzo1967
Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

@jfmcinerney 

You could add your list to a sharepoint list and use that to look up your clients  🙂

More dynamic
gary

BananaMeepok
Frequent Visitor

Hey there I am trying to do the exact same thing to only trigger the flow when there is only one recipient to the email. However I am unable to understand how to, from the accepted solution to this question. Appreciate if the OP can share more on how you managed to do it. Thank you

gazzo1967
Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

@BananaMeepok 

I am more than happy to help
can you show me what you already have?

BananaMeepok_0-1614665425333.png

In the meantime, I figured out a way. I am currently parsing the 'To' from an email trigger into a string and check if ';' exists, because if there is more than one recipients they will be separated by ';'. 

If you could also share how you did on your side, I would appreciate it as well. Cheers!

gazzo1967
Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

@BananaMeepok 
That's how i would do it..
nice and simple
Hopefully you have set your condition into an Apply to all?
Just out of curiosity what is your trigger?

Gary

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Platform Conf 2022 768x460.jpg

Join us for Microsoft Power Platform Conference

The first Microsoft-sponsored Power Platform Conference is coming in September. 100+ speakers, 150+ sessions, and what's new and next for Power Platform.

New Ideas Forum MPA.jpg

A new place to submit your Ideas for Power Automate

Announcing a new way to share your feedback with the Power Automate Team.

MPA Virtual Workshop Carousel 768x460.png

Register for a Free Workshop

Learn to digitize and optimize business processes and connect all your applications to share data in real time.

MPA Licensing.jpg

Ask your licensing questions at the Power Automate AMA!

Join Priya Kodukula and the licensing team, super users and MVPs to find answers to your questions on Power Automate licensing.

Users online (2,054)