cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Corey_l
Microsoft
Microsoft

Flow triggers itself

I have a flow that is triggered when a SharePoint file is created.  If the file is a log file it moves it to a sub folder but the issue is that when the file hits the sub folder the flow is triggered again and obviously fails since the source and destination is the same.  Is there anything I can add to the flow to prevent it from looking in subfolders?  I am trying to prevent moving the Logs folder out from within the main folder.  Screenshot of the flow is below.

Image 139.jpg

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
efisher
Advocate I
Advocate I

Can you try using a different trigger: instead of when a file is created (properties only ) use When a file is created in a folder.

this allows you to pick any subfolder in your doc library and then move it to a different subfolder in the same library without "getting file properties.

In the condition use FileIdentifier ends with .log - see screen below. 

hope this helps

Flow.png

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
efisher
Advocate I
Advocate I

Can you try using a different trigger: instead of when a file is created (properties only ) use When a file is created in a folder.

this allows you to pick any subfolder in your doc library and then move it to a different subfolder in the same library without "getting file properties.

In the condition use FileIdentifier ends with .log - see screen below. 

hope this helps

Flow.png

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
MBAS Attendee Badge

Claim Your Badge & Digital Swag!

Check out how to claim yours today!

MPA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

secondImage

Are Your Ready?

Test your skills now with the Cloud Skill Challenge.

Top Solution Authors
Users online (74,703)