Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Dave48
Advocate I
Advocate I

Flow triggers mailbox spam by sending simultaneous emails

Hi,

I have an issue with the on email arrives in shared inbox.

The flow takes the email, uploads contents to sharepoint list then sends email for approval. The issue is that if 2 emails arrive at same time and the flows run in parallel, and then try to send the 2 approval emails at the exact same time my mailbox gets flagged as spam and blocked by the administrators. Is there a way for the flow to read if another flow is running and wait?

Thanks in advance 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi AFlemmishGuy,

If you go into the trigger settings you can set how many parrel flows can occur, so i set mine to one, that way each trigger stacks up and runs in sequenece instead of at the sametime

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
ChristianAbata
Super User
Super User

hi @Dave48  unfortunally you can't know that using conectors or triggers. Does not exist.

Did I answer your question? Please consider to Mark
my post as a solution! to guide others :winking_face:

Proud to be a Flownaut!

If you want you can follow me at www.christianabata.com Quieres contenido en español? Síguenos en Power Automate LA
AFlemmishGuy

Hi, did you find a solution for your problem?

Does this also happen after a user marks the mail as safe? It's messy, but maybe a solution with time slots could work? Ie: The workflow reserves a time slot by setting a commonly available property (in SharePoint) to send the mail. If every other workflow / instance of the workflow does this no two mails should be sent at the same time. If your workflow is triggered a lot a backlog could appear, which could be a problem.

Hi AFlemmishGuy,

If you go into the trigger settings you can set how many parrel flows can occur, so i set mine to one, that way each trigger stacks up and runs in sequenece instead of at the sametime

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

M365 768x460.jpg

Microsoft 365 Collaboration Conference | December 7–9, 2021

Join us, in-person, December 7–9 in Las Vegas, for the largest gathering of the Microsoft community in the world.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (1,356)