cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Advocate I
Advocate I

Flow triggers when Scanner first starts to send file to SharePoint - causes failed runs

We have had to go to scanning our incoming mail into a DropOff folder in Sharepoint which then distributes the scanned document based upon the filename as part of our closure due to COVID-19.  

This is somewhat working, but while the scanner is first sending the file over to SharePoint, the file has a filename that starts as ~tmp (which I am assuming means it's a temp file). We cannot change the behavior of how the scanner is sending the file to SharePoint. This file will Fail because it doesn't really exist. Then about 30 seconds to 1 minute later, the file is completed and no longer has the ~tmp in front of the file name and the Flow works fine.

Is there a way to ignore the files that are ~tmp?

Right now I'm required to track all of the failed and successful runs into an Excel document and we are getting false stats on this because of the time the file starts as a ~tmp file. We do want to add in more logic to what happens upon Failure,but until I can stop fails from happening during the file transport/creation, I cannot take those next steps we want to make.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Super User III
Super User III

Re: Flow triggers when Scanner first starts to send file to SharePoint - causes failed runs

Hi @mhines 

Use a delay after the trigger

image.png

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up

Proud to be a Flownaut!

Learn more from my blog

Power Automate Video Tutorials

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Super User III
Super User III

Re: Flow triggers when Scanner first starts to send file to SharePoint - causes failed runs

Hi @mhines 

Use a delay after the trigger

image.png

Proud to be a Flownaut!

Learn more from my blog

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Advocate I
Advocate I

I'll give that a try, but I was hoping to not get the flow to trigger until the whole file was there.

Although I worry that maybe I"m cause the Excel document that I have too many entries. All I'm trying to do is to make an Excel Document that multiple people can look at to see if a document didn't move from the DropOff folder without having to go and view the Runs on my Flow.  Is there a best practice on how to allow multiple people to see the Run information without having access to the Flow?

Highlighted
Super User III
Super User III

Hi @mhines 

Thanks for your reply. The Run information is specific to flow UI so users need to login to see the progress unless. You could add an additional step in your flow send email notification to users.

Thanks

Proud to be a Flownaut!

Learn more from my blog

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

Power Platform ISV Studio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is designed to become the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage published applications.

Tech Marathon

Maratón de Soluciones de Negocio Microsoft

Una semana de contenido con +100 sesiones educativas, consultorios, +10 workshops Premium, Hackaton, EXPO, Networking Hall y mucho más!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (6,278)