cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
IsabellaChakur
Level: Powered On

Flow using excel for business

Hey guys has anyone ever built a flow using excel for business

I am trying to create an action with the option “update a row” but I don’t understand what to put in the field “key value”.

Thank you in advance!

Isabella
4 REPLIES 4
Super User
Super User

Re: Flow using excel for business

@IsabellaChakur 

Hi there!  So, when you want Flow to "Update a row", it needs to know which specific row to update.  Because of that, you need to identify which column will have the key in it, and then what unique value it should look for.

Does that help?

-Ed-

If this reply has answered your question or resolved your challenge, please consider marking it as a Solution. This helps other users find it more easily via search.

IsabellaChakur
Level: Powered On

Thank you for your answer! I undersand that but actually I don't know what to put as a key. Do I have to name a row in my table?

Indeed, what I really need is to insert the data from the survey (which is the trigger) in the table. I have also tried the option "insert a row in a table" but the flow didn't work because "it would move cells in a table on your worksheet". Have you ever performed something similar?

Thank you in advance!!

Isabella

Super User
Super User

Ah, ok...that helps.

You definitely want to use the Insert option.  The Update action is to make changes to a row that is already in the table.

I have used both of these fairly often.  Can you tell me more about this part, "it would move cells in a table on your worksheet"? 

Inserting a row should add it to the end of your table, but if you've got stuff downstream referencing specific fields, we should plan a different path somewhere. 

Let us know.

-Ed-

Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @IsabellaChakur 

You should use the insert a row action instead of the Update a row action to insert a new row to an excel table.

Have your problem be solved now? If yes, please go ahead and mark the post as solved by clicking “Accept as Solution” so that this thread will be marked for other users to easily identify!

Or if your problem haven't been solved, please share more details about your problem so we could provide a proper workaround for you.

Best regards,

Alice       

Community Support Team _ Alice Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

Microsoft Business Applications Virtual Launch Event

Watch the event on demand for an in-depth look at the new innovations across Dynamics 365 and the Microsoft Power Platform.

firstImage

Watch Sessions On Demand!

Continue your learning in our online communities.

Power Platform 2019 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform 2019 Release Wave 2 Plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020.

thirdimage

Flow Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

seventhimage

Webinars & Video Gallery

Watch & learn from the Flow Community Video Gallery!

Top Kudoed Authors
Users Online
Currently online: 97 members 3,616 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: