cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tan_Bui
Frequent Visitor

Flow using the trigger "when a new channel message is added" - Teams takes time to start

Dear all,

I am using the trigger "When a new channel message is added" to start a flow to automatically post an adaptive card to the user.

However, it usually takes 1 to 3 mins for the flow to start from the trigger point (message is entered).

Is there any way to reduce this time gap?

Thanks a lot for your help.

Best regards,

Tan

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
thjeffri
Microsoft
Microsoft

Hi Tan,

This is fairly normal behavior.  Many Power Automate triggers are not instantaneous, but instead check for triggerable actions on a polling interval.  The trigger you mention is one such trigger.  

If you use the "peek code" option in your trigger settings (the ... menu), you can see what the "interval" value is.  The length of the polling interval depends on what license you have.

I hope this helps,

Tom

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
thjeffri
Microsoft
Microsoft

Hi Tan,

This is fairly normal behavior.  Many Power Automate triggers are not instantaneous, but instead check for triggerable actions on a polling interval.  The trigger you mention is one such trigger.  

If you use the "peek code" option in your trigger settings (the ... menu), you can see what the "interval" value is.  The length of the polling interval depends on what license you have.

I hope this helps,

Tom

View solution in original post

Tan_Bui
Frequent Visitor

Dear @thjeffri ,

Thanks a lot for your clarification.

Is there any workaround? It is really awkward when users type the key word and need to wait for 3 mins for the feedback.

Best regards,

Tan 

thjeffri
Microsoft
Microsoft

The only workaround would be to move to a higher license level than what you have right now.  From longest to shortest, the polling interval levels are:

Longest: Power Automate for O365 and trials

Medium: Power Automate Per User

Shortest: Power Automate Per Flow.

I do no have exact figures unfortunately.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Process Advisor

Introducing Process Advisor

Check out the new Process Advisor community forum board!

MPA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

V3_PVA CAmpaign Carousel.png

Community Challenge - Giveaways!

Participate in the Power Virtual Agents Community Challenge

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

Users online (2,988)