Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
franky0711
Helper III
Helper III

Flow which checks user-entries in my Sharepointlist

Hi Guys,

quick question regarding my flow.

I have a Sharepoint list where my teammates can make entries.

Now i want to send reminder-mails to these colleagues who did not make entries yet.

I though I could take a condition like.

all mail-adresses from O365-Connector - filtered by my department)

EQUAL TO

"Created by" Column in my Sharepoint list.

Unfortunatly I can't find a fitting flow... 🤐

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

@franky0711 

Aha! You did a good job identifying the 100 items limit

This post will give you all the details to increase it

https://alextofan.com/2019/08/22/how-to-get-more-than-5000-item-from-sharepoint-online-in-flow/

Hope this helps

Each time you click on any of our inspiring answers 'Thumb up' icon...
...an ewok scapes from the stormtroopers.

Be grateful, Thumbs up! Save the Galaxy for free!

Escribo sobre Power Automate en:
https://medium.com/anyone-can-automate/

Proud to be a Flownaut!

View solution in original post

27 REPLIES 27
efialttes
Community Champion
Community Champion

Hi

Your approach sounds good!

I guess you will use a manual trigger, right?

So, you need a full list of colleagues an store it as an array.

And, you need to build a dictionary with all colleagues that created items and store it as an array.

Now, you can iterate over the full list with an Apply to Each , filter your array dictionary searching for current colleague, if not present send a reminder.

Here you are an example on how to build the dictionary:

Flow_Dictionary.png

Hope this helps

Proud to be a Flownaut!

Hi and thank you, but I don't think this is the way.

I have O365 Azure Active Directory in my company. 

So I'd like to use this Diretcory and search for "department".

I would start this flow daily with "Resurrence" trigger.

@franky0711 

"I have a Sharepoint list where my teammates can make entries."

And the logic I have shared with you provides the short list of teammates that already made an entry in your sharepoint list.

I didn't shared  yet the part of the logic matching the whole list of teammmates with the short list of teammates.

If my first proposal match part of your requirements, just let me know and will share the second part.

But if you need another approach, let's hope somebody else can poit us to the right direction

Happy flowing!

Proud to be a Flownaut!

I understand. We could try 🙂

Regarding second part: Is it possible to COMPARE your short directory with my enterprise O365-Directory ?

Thank you very much 😃

Hi again!

Well, as far as I understand from your last response now we are closer to a happy ending!

Now, let's talk about the second part of the logic:

"Regarding second part: Is it possible to COMPARE your short directory with my enterprise O365-Directory ?"

Yes we can! I will assume the big list is already stored in an array variable called 'myOrgDirectoryArray'

And... you can optionally initialize another array variable to store the email of the colleagues that did not create any item yet on your SP list. Let's call it 'myOutputArray '

Now, you can iterate over the full list with an Apply to Each , filter your array dictionary searching for current colleague, if not present send a reminder. As per testing purposes, I would replace sending the reminder and use an Append to Array instead. THis way Apply to Each will fill 'myOutputArray' with emails of all the colleagues that did not create any item yet on your SP list.

After the Apply to Each you can add a Dummy Compose action block, and assign variable 'myOutputArray' inside, this way you can execute the flow, print the whole list and verify the logic is selecting the richt colleagues. Once done, you can add the 'Send an email'

Does this approach match your expectations? If so the suggested next steps are either I share a screenshot with this second part of the flow design or... we keep on discussing how to get the O365 directory.

BTW, do you already have an Office 365 group or a Teams group for all the your Department (i.e. with all the department employees as current members of the group)? Just to see if you can use the Office 365 groups connector for this purpose or we shall rely on either the ADD connector or the Office 365 Users Connector

Hope this helps

Proud to be a Flownaut!

Thank you ! 

First of all: I have no Outlook Group and no Azure AD permission. I tried but no chance!

I also tried to implemente following code from your first post:

union(body('Select'),body('Select'))

But that didnt work unfortunatly.

Unbenannt.JPG

Hi again!

1.- Regarding the union() issue, please share a screenshot from your flow definition

2.- Since you do not have permission to access ADD and you guys do not have a department group, let's explore the option of Office 365 Users Connector

...I would try to invoke Get my profile. Can you also share an screenshot of Get my profile outputs, so we can easily identify how is your DEpt Name mapped inside? Once identified, maybe we can use Search for users to get all your temmates

Hope this helps

Proud to be a Flownaut!

alright, here we go !

What we need is in german "Abteilung", englisch "department"

We are on the way 😄

2.JPG1.JPG

Hi again!
There are probably two problems with Verfassen action block (Compose, right?)
First is that you added the suggested formula as text, and we need to add it as an expression from Dynamic Content menu
https://flow.microsoft.com/es-es/blog/use-expressions-in-actions/

Second one... well let's fix the first problem and see if execution succeeds. If not, the reason will most probably be that my expression assumes the name of the Select action block is... Select. This is the reason why I suggested
union(body('Select'),body('Select'))

Since your Select action block name is the German equivalent (German, right?) you can rename your Select action block into English or adapt the expression to its current name

As soon as we fix this issue we will keep on working with the others, ok?
Danke!

Proud to be a Flownaut!

omg - what a noob failure! I am sorry!

This german/englisch translation is getting me crazy.

I got it now 😃

12.JPG

Hi again

NEvermind, I also have the same problem between Spanish and English 😅

THere is still some extra text on your Compose (Verfassen) input that shall be removed

IN edit mode, it should look like this

Flow_Dictionary_2.png

Leave the expression alone

Save, reexecute your flow and please share again a screenshot with your Compose output as you did in your last reply

Danke!

Proud to be a Flownaut!

now i think its okay...

and I also switched to englisch. 😃

353.JPG

This is what i have atm:

55555.JPG

GReat! We are closer to a happy ending!

Now, let's try to identify the dept (abteilung) to search

My suggestion is to add a "Get my profile", then add a Dummy Compose action block, and from the Dynamic Content editor assign the 'Get my profile' output Department property as the new Dummy Compose input.

Now, I need your help to avoid Spanish-English-German issues. Hover your mouse over the Compose input to compare with the one I have highlighted in my screenshot; if not the same please share a screenshot with yours

Reexecute the flow, inspect the new Dummy Compose outputs prints the same dept name as the one you expect for your teammates

Flow_Dictionary_4.png

Danke!

Proud to be a Flownaut!

Good morning, 

everything worked fine 😀

Now we could start comparing and filtering 😅

1234.JPG

Hi again!

So, assuming the data we need to validate is the same as

body('Get-my_profile_(V2)')?['Department'])

I have found a potential blocking issue. As far as I see right now, 'Search for users' supports searches on some fields, but according to the info displayed 'Department' is not one of them 😕

Since you do neither have access to ADD, nor an Office 365 group/Teams group for the Department... I would suggest as a workaround either to hardcode in your Flow your Departments distribution list (email addresses separated by comma) or to have them stored in as an Outlook Contact List

Please tell us if this workaround (or any other you can think of) match your requirements... if so I will keep on sharing suggestions for next steps

Flow_Dictionary_5.png

Sorry for the bad news

Proud to be a Flownaut!

I also recognized that "Search User" will not work.

A workaround will be fine for me. 

Thanks in advance

Hi again

So, lets assume we have the department's contact list stored in an array variable 'FullColleaguesEmailsArray'

Flow_Dictionary_7.png

Let's add also an auxiliar array variable also, we can call it 'OutputEmailsArray', we will use it to store the email addresses of colleagues that did not create any SP list item yet

Flow_Dictionary_6.png

Once you add these steps, please try to execute the flow and verify execution succeeds and nr of 'Apply to each' iterations matches with the nr of emails you assigned on 'FullColleaguesEmailsArray'

Once working we just need to add a Condition action block inside Apply to Each, and verify if the following expression equals to 1

length(body('Filter_array'))

On the true branch do nothing, on the false branch you will add in the future the 'Send an email' if you want to notify each collegaue not in your SP list, for testing purposes I will recommend to add instead an 'Append to array' function block to fill 'OutputEmailsArray' with current item.

Finally, out of the Apply to Each, you can add a Dummy Compose action block and assign variable 'OutputEmailsArray' inside, so once you reexecute the flow you can inspect its content and verify if correct target emails are stored there

Hope this helps

Proud to be a Flownaut!

Hi again

Here you are the details of the Condition based logic

Flow_Dictionary_8.png

And please also note the Filter Array throws an error if we assign union() Compose output as its input, it seems Flow Editor has been upgraded and now applies more strict validations. REplace current input and use expression instead union(body('Select'),body('Select'))

Flow_Dictionary_9.png

My execution now works as expected

Flow_Dictionary_10.png

Hope this helps

Proud to be a Flownaut!

I think it's working!

I also  added the condition and tried with success!

It is working 🙂 Thank you so much!

Last question regarding the "fullcolleague email address book" :

Do i have to copy all my relevant emails in my array "fullcolleaguesemailsarray" manually, right?

Or how would you fill it to me up to date in case of new employees?

thank you so much 🙂

12.JPG

Helpful resources

Announcements

Power Platform Connections - Episode 7 | March 30, 2023

Episode Seven of Power Platform Connections sees David Warner and Hugo Bernier talk to Dian Taylor, alongside the latest news, product reviews, and community blogs.     Use the hashtag #PowerPlatformConnects on social media for a chance to have your work featured on the show.  

Announcing | Super Users - 2023 Season 1

Super Users – 2023 Season 1    We are excited to kick off the Power Users Super User Program for 2023 - Season 1.  The Power Platform Super Users have done an amazing job in keeping the Power Platform communities helpful, accurate and responsive. We would like to send these amazing folks a big THANK YOU for their efforts.      Super User Season 1 | Contributions July 1, 2022 – December 31, 2022  Super User Season 2 | Contributions January 1, 2023 – June 30, 2023    Curious what a Super User is? Super Users are especially active community members who are eager to help others with their community questions. There are 2 Super User seasons in a year, and we monitor the community for new potential Super Users at the end of each season. Super Users are recognized in the community with both a rank name and icon next to their username, and a seasonal badge on their profile.  Power Apps  Power Automate  Power Virtual Agents  Power Pages  Pstork1*  Pstork1*  Pstork1*  OliverRodrigues  BCBuizer  Expiscornovus*  Expiscornovus*  ragavanrajan  AhmedSalih  grantjenkins  renatoromao    Mira_Ghaly*  Mira_Ghaly*      Sundeep_Malik*  Sundeep_Malik*      SudeepGhatakNZ*  SudeepGhatakNZ*      StretchFredrik*  StretchFredrik*      365-Assist*  365-Assist*      cha_cha  ekarim2020      timl  Hardesh15      iAm_ManCat  annajhaveri      SebS  Rhiassuring      LaurensM  abm      TheRobRush  Ankesh_49      WiZey  lbendlin      Nogueira1306  Kaif_Siddique      victorcp  RobElliott      dpoggemann  srduval      SBax  CFernandes      Roverandom  schwibach      Akser  CraigStewart      PowerRanger  MichaelAnnis      subsguts  David_MA      EricRegnier  edgonzales      zmansuri  GeorgiosG      ChrisPiasecki  ryule      AmDev  fchopo      phipps0218  tom_riha      theapurva  takolota     Akash17  momlo     BCLS776  Shuvam-rpa     rampprakash  ScottShearer     Rusk  ChristianAbata     cchannon  Koen5     a33ik  Heartholme     AaronKnox  okeks      Matren   David_MA     Alex_10        Jeff_Thorpe        poweractivate        Ramole        DianaBirkelbach        DavidZoon        AJ_Z        PriyankaGeethik        BrianS        StalinPonnusamy        HamidBee        CNT        Anonymous_Hippo        Anchov        KeithAtherton        alaabitar        Tolu_Victor        KRider        sperry1625        IPC_ahaas      zuurg    rubin_boer   cwebb365   Dorrinda   G1124   Gabibalaban   Manan-Malhotra   jcfDaniel   WarrenBelz   Waegemma   drrickryp   GuidoPreite    If an * is at the end of a user's name this means they are a Multi Super User, in more than one community. Please note this is not the final list, as we are pending a few acceptances.  Once they are received the list will be updated. 

Register now for the Business Applications Launch Event | Tuesday, April 4, 2023

Join us for an in-depth look into the latest updates across Microsoft Dynamics 365 and Microsoft Power Platform that are helping businesses overcome their biggest challenges today.   Find out about new features, capabilities, and best practices for connecting data to deliver exceptional customer experiences, collaborating, and creating using AI-powered capabilities, driving productivity with automation—and building towards future growth with today’s leading technology.   Microsoft leaders and experts will guide you through the full 2023 release wave 1 and how these advancements will help you: Expand visibility, reduce time, and enhance creativity in your departments and teams with unified, AI-powered capabilities.Empower your employees to focus on revenue-generating tasks while automating repetitive tasks.Connect people, data, and processes across your organization with modern collaboration tools.Innovate without limits using the latest in low-code development, including new GPT-powered capabilities.    Click Here to Register Today!    

Check out the new Power Platform Communities Front Door Experience!

We are excited to share the ‘Power Platform Communities Front Door’ experience with you!   Front Door brings together content from all the Power Platform communities into a single place for our community members, customers and low-code, no-code enthusiasts to learn, share and engage with peers, advocates, community program managers and our product team members. There are a host of features and new capabilities now available on Power Platform Communities Front Door to make content more discoverable for all power product community users which includes ForumsUser GroupsEventsCommunity highlightsCommunity by numbersLinks to all communities Users can see top discussions from across all the Power Platform communities and easily navigate to the latest or trending posts for further interaction. Additionally, they can filter to individual products as well.   Users can filter and browse the user group events from all power platform products with feature parity to existing community user group experience and added filtering capabilities.     Users can now explore user groups on the Power Platform Front Door landing page with capability to view all products in Power Platform.      Explore Power Platform Communities Front Door today. Visit Power Platform Community Front door to easily navigate to the different product communities, view a roll up of user groups, events and forums.

Microsoft Power Platform Conference | Registration Open | Oct. 3-5 2023

We are so excited to see you for the Microsoft Power Platform Conference in Las Vegas October 3-5 2023! But first, let's take a look back at some fun moments and the best community in tech from MPPC 2022 in Orlando, Florida.   Featuring guest speakers such as Charles Lamanna, Heather Cook, Julie Strauss, Nirav Shah, Ryan Cunningham, Sangya Singh, Stephen Siciliano, Hugo Bernier and many more.   Register today: https://www.powerplatformconf.com/   

Users online (3,473)