Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RJF61
Post Partisan
Post Partisan

Flow with IF Statement

Hello,

I have a Flow that updates a SP Column "DaysOld" based on the difference when a record was Created and Now().  I have created an additional Column "DaysOldRange" that I would fill with a text value based on the "DaysOld" Flow result (as shown below).

Is providing an expression "If Statement" the most efficient way to accomplish or is there a better method?

RJF61_0-1666719726185.png

RJF61_2-1666720282621.png

3 REPLIES 3
schwibach
Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

Maybe I'm not getting what you're trying to do, but is there a specific reason why you are using Flow and not calculated columns directly in SharePoint with the Today() oder Now() function?

@schwibach Thanks for the response.  My primary reason for the Flow is to continually update the difference between Created and Now().  I will have a Powers Apps summary where the # Days Old will be displayed.  I'm not aware of a method to have a calculated field update on a daily basis assuming there are not changes to the record.

May sense?

schwibach
Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

This here deals with exactly what you want:

Calculate with Today’s Date in a SharePoint Column without Daily Updates - European SharePoint, Offi...

If it's about displaying in the SP-list, then I'd use the last option that's mentioned.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Automate News & Announcements

Power Automate News & Announcements

Keep up to date with current events and community announcements in the Power Automate community.

Community Calls Conversations

Community Calls Conversations

A great place where you can stay up to date with community calls and interact with the speakers.

Power Automate Community Blog

Power Automate Community Blog

Check out the latest Community Blog from the community!

Top Solution Authors
Users online (4,237)